After several builds on the dev channel, Microsoft has finally released the first beta build of Windows 11 for Insiders on the Beta channel. While the Beta channel updates are not completely stable, it is far better than the Development channel where you may run into issues interrupting your workflow. If you’re wondering about trying out all the Windows 11 features before the stable release, here’s how to install the Windows 11 beta right now.
Install Windows 11 Beta on Your PC (2021)
Notably, Microsoft is offering Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 as the first Windows 11 beta. It is the latest build that the company has made available on the Dev channel. Therefore, Windows 11 Beta and Dev channels are in the same structure this week. That said, follow the steps below to sign up for the Windows Insider program and test the Windows 11 beta. We’ve also included a way to migrate from the Windows 11 Dev channel to the Beta channel if you’re experiencing bugs and performance issues.
Steps to Sign Up for Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 PC. CClick on “Update & Security”. Note that you will need a Microsoft account to sign up for Insider builds. So make sure you are signed in with your Microsoft account.
2nd. “Windows Insider ProgramClick on the ” tab from the left sidebar under the “Update & Security” settings. Here you will find the option to sign up for the Insider program. You can also sign up for the Insider program. from the web.
3. Click “Get Started” To sign up as a Windows 11 beta tester. If your computer meets the requirements for Windows 11, you will not see the error message shown in the image below. You can use this free application to check if your computer is running Windows 11.
4. Next, Click the “Register” button To register your Microsoft account to receive Windows 11 beta updates. If you’ve used another account for the Insider program before, use the “Change account” button to select that account instead.
5th place, Click the “Register” button in the popup box that appears.
6. Review the Windows Insider agreement and privacy statement from the links that now appear. After doing this, Check the “I have read and accept the terms of this agreement” checkbox. Click “Submit” to continue.
7. Now you have to select the Windows Insider channel. Since this article focuses on installing Windows 11 beta, “Beta Channel (Recommended)“. If you want to stay on the bleeding edge, you can also choose the Dev channel, but be aware that you may run into critical bugs here.
8. You are now enrolled in the Windows Insider program. Click “reboot now” To restart your computer to begin installing Windows 11 beta updates.
Install Windows 11 Beta Update on Your Computer
After rebooting go to: Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update To download and install Windows 11 beta on your PC. Depending on your computer’s capabilities and internet connection, it may take some time for the system to load and boot into Windows 11.
As usual, your computer will reboot several times before you start using Windows 11. That’s it. You have successfully installed Windows 11 beta!
Switch from Windows 11 Development Channel to Beta Channel
If you were a Windows Insider before, you would know that downgrading from the current build number will require a clean install. However, since both the Beta and Development channels currently have the same build number, You can switch from Dev channel to Beta channel without doing a clean install. If you still want to do a clean install, follow the steps in our article Upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC and Click on “Windows Update” from the left sidebar.
2. Now, Click on “Windows Insider Program” To see options to change your Insider settings.
3. Next, expand the “Choose your Insider settings” menu and click “Beta Channel (Recommended)” from the options that appear. You will no longer receive Windows 11 builds from the Dev channel. If you are bothered by random bugs on the Windows 11 Dev channel, switch to the Beta channel for a relatively stable experience.
Try Windows 11 Beta to Test Amazing New Features
That brings us to the end of our guide on how to install Windows 11 beta right now. After installing Windows 11, I am sure you will prefer to disable the Microsoft Teams Chat icon in the taskbar, turn off suggested notifications and customize the Windows 11 start menu to your liking. You can also learn how to customize the taskbar to change its position to the top, move icons to the left, and more. If you are not a big fan of Windows 11, you can also choose to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11.