The MAC address or Media Access Control address is a unique identifier assigned to the network card on your Windows 10 PC. The MAC address of each hardware device is unique because if there were two devices on a network with the same MAC address, there would be no way to tell them apart. The IP address of each system in a network is usually assigned dynamically, while the MAC address is fixed and remains the same. Actually there is no way to change the MAC address of your network card. However, you can trick your operating system into broadcasting a different MAC address to the network and effectively change that address. Well, Here’s how to change MAC address on Windows 10 devices:
Find Your MAC Address in Windows 10
Before you change your Windows 10 MAC address, you should find out what your real MAC address is. This is useful if you make a mistake and have to restore your MAC address to the default value. To find out the MAC address of your Windows 10 PC, simply follow the steps below:
- start”command promptYou can do this by pressing the “. ” button.Windows + R“, he is writing “cmd” and pressing Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “ipconfig /all”.
- You will see quite a bit of information about the various network interfaces installed on your Windows PC. Scroll down until you see one that doesn’t say “.Media Disconnected“. In my case, it’s “Wireless LAN Adapter WiFiThe value next to “.”physical address” is your MAC address. make a note.
Change MAC Address in Windows 10
Changing the MAC address in Windows 10 is relatively easy. To change the MAC address of your Windows 10 PC, simply follow these steps:
- “Control Center -> Network and Sharing Center“.
- Here, “Adapter Settings“.
- Right click on the adapter you need to change the MAC address and “Properties”.
- In the Properties dialog that opens, click on it. “Configure”.
- switch to “Developed” Click the tab and “Network address”. Select the radio button next to it. “Value”, and enter the new MAC address in the text field. When done, click on “OK”.
SEE ALSO: How to Clear or Clear DNS Cache in Windows 10
Easily Change MAC Address on Windows 10 Devices
You can use this method to easily change the MAC address on Windows 10 devices. Changing a device’s MAC address can help if you’re trying to circumvent MAC address-based blocking on a network router. However, if the router uses a whitelist of MAC addresses to allow access to the network, you need to make sure you use a whitelisted MAC address for the router. On the other hand, if the router uses a blacklist of MAC addresses, simply use a MAC address that is not in that blacklist, and this is relatively easy to do.
So, have you ever had to change the MAC address on your Windows 10 PC? How did you do this? Let us know in the comments section below along with any other methods you know of to change the MAC address in Windows 10.