Telegram is one of the best and most popular text messaging apps around. It’s available across platforms, and users really love how fast and easy it is to navigate. Another thing that makes Telegram so much fun for users is the numerous stickers you can add and download.
There are sticker channels and sticker bots with something for everyone. But what if you really want to make a sticker pack of your own? Can you do this and how exactly does this work?
Creating a Sticker Pack
Telegram likes to point out that its stickers are grouped and based on emotions, not characters. They do not clutter the interface and will only be recommended when relevant. When you start a message with an emoji in Telegram, you will receive a list of relevant stickers. So how do you create your own sticker pack? To make this happen, follow these steps:
- Go to Search (the magnifying glass in the upper right corner on Android) and just type “Sticker”.
- This search will take you to Telegram’s official Sticker Bot. Select the Tags bot to continue.
- Tap Start. Now you are ready to make the sticker pack.
- Tap /newpack or enter the message box to create a new sticker pack.
- You will be prompted to give your new sticker pack a name. It’s time to be creative.
- Now export the sticker as a file. The image supported by the Telegram sticker bot must be in PNG format with a transparent layer and fit in a 512×512 square. The sticker should also use a white stroke and shadow.
- After submitting the correct picture, you will be asked to send an emoji corresponding to the first sticker.
- After sending the emoji, Sticker Bot will notify you that your sticker is now in the pack.
- You now have the option to add another sticker. Send the /publish command when finished.
- If you want to set your sticker pack icon, you can now send 100×100 images. Or you can skip this step.
- Finally, provide a short name for your sticker pack to use in a link.
- Your sticker pack is now published and you will get the link.
You can now share your sticker pack with other Telegram users. Just send them the link and they’ll be able to add it. But it is important that they have the updated version of Telegram.
Get the Most Out of Sticker Bot
You can also use the Sticker Bot for other sticker related operations. You can add stickers to an existing sticker pack. Or you can replace related emojis, remove a sticker, or even delete an entire sticker pack. The Sticker Bot can also be used to get statistics for a sticker or sticker pack. You can check which ones are used the most and get individual usage statistics.
Many freelance artists can benefit from Telegram’s willingness to purchase their artwork in the form of stickers. Telegram will pay $100 for exclusive use of a 512×512 sticker. You can go to their website and examine some of their stickers and examine the criteria in detail. Art and History Sticker Packs are particularly successful.
Help Yourself With an App
If you are keen to create your own sticker pack for Telegram, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you should consider copyright infringement and other types of content-related issues. Therefore, do not make stickers from well-known brand logos and such.
Another thing, if you are not skilled in image processing, you may have some difficulties in fitting your sticker to the image size and quality criteria.
This is where you can take advantage of an app that specializes in converting your images into extract ready files. You can find Sticker Maker on both Android and iOS and it will probably make the sticker creation process much easier. It’s also something you can use for other messaging apps that support stickers.
Let Your Creativity Take Over
The hardest part is getting your potential sticker approved by the Telegram Sticker Bot. You can make as many sticker packs as you want when your image is supported. All you have to do is follow Sticker Bot’s instructions. The best part comes when you start sharing your creations with others. And if you’re not feeling creative, check out the many stickers Telegram already has.
Are you going to make any Telegram sticker packs? Let us know in the comments section below.