A built-in camera for video conferencing on the Apple Watch has been on the wish list of many users (including mine) for a long time. But if you think that the lack of a camera means you can’t make FaceTime calls on an Apple Watch, you may have underestimated the features of this smartwatch. There are several ways to make a FaceTime audio call, especially in watchOS 8. So let me explain how to make a FaceTime call from your watchOS device.
Make FaceTime Voice Calls on Apple Watch (2021)
Comes with Apple Watch built-in microphone and speaker This enables the smartwatch to offer a unique calling experience. The smartwatch also supports both cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity. Thanks to its smooth integration with iOS devices, you can easily transfer your FaceTime call from Apple Watch to your iPhone. This is another plus in terms of flexibility. That said, let’s dive in and see how it works:
Use Siri to Make a FaceTime Call on Your Apple Watch
Making a FaceTime voice call on your Apple Watch is incredibly easy using the Siri voice assistant. Just follow these steps:
- to set off, summon Siri With the command “Hey Siri”. Alternatively, you can also: Hold down the Digital Crown or shoot Siri widget Siri on the watch face to trigger the voice assistant on your Apple Watch.
2. When Siri comes, you have to say: “Face Time [name of your contact]”. For example, I pointed Siri to “FaceTime Akshay”.
3. Here you go! The smartwatch will now make a FaceTime audio call to the person you specify.
Make a FaceTime Call Using the Phone App on Apple Watch
Making a FaceTime call using the Phone app on your watchOS device is just as simple. Follow the steps listed below:
1. First, Phone app On your Apple Watch.
2. Next, tap on it. Persons and select person you want to call.
3. Next, tap . Phone icon below the person’s name.
4. Finally, tap on it. FaceTime Audio option and you’re all set!
Transfer FaceTime Call from Apple Watch to iPhone
As I mentioned above, you can transfer the ongoing FaceTime audio call from Apple Watch to your iPhone. And well, the process is pretty easy. To do this, all you have to do is tap the green phone button on the top left corner of your iPhone while on a call. The call is then immediately transferred from Apple Watch to iPhone, so you can continue talking without any issues.
Make FaceTime Calls on Your watchOS Device
That is all! I would love to have a camera on the Apple Watch for on-the-go video conferencing, but I’m impressed with the smartwatch’s ability to offer a good FaceTime audio calling experience. Speaking of FaceTime, Apple revamped its video calling service in iOS 15 by adding a few key features. This includes the ability to watch movies and TV shows with friends on FaceTime, share screens on FaceTime, and use FaceTime on Android and Windows. What do you think of these exciting developments? Let us know in the comments section below.