Repeatedly getting ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone 13 when trying to make a call from your default phone number? Relax, because you are not the only one facing this persistent problem. Several iPhone 13 owners have complained about this bug in iOS 15. While the issue is reportedly common on the iPhone 13 series, it also affects older iPhone models running iOS 15. As always, we have prepared a guide to help you fix the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error on iPhone 13. So let’s jump into the troubleshooting mode and look at some viable solutions to fix the problem!
9 Tips to Fix ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ iPhone Error(2021)
Understanding the problem is key to discovering its cause and finding a possible solution. So, before learning about the different ways to fix the problem, we talked about what could be the possible cause of this persistent error.
What Causes ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ Issue on iPhone?
There is nothing new about the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error present on the Apple iPhone since iOS 12. affected dual-SIM iPhone modelsIncluding iPhone XR, iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
When a user tries to make a call from the default line through the recent logs of the phone app, an error message pops up on the screen saying: “The Last Line is No Longer Available. Would you like to call using your remaining line?”
For those unaware, iOS allows you to set your default line (phone number) that iMessage and FaceTime use when you have two active SIMs in your device. iPhone also lets you use the default line when calling or texting someone who isn’t in your Contacts app. Depending on your needs, you can choose to set your default line for calls and messages and use the other line for cellular data only.
The error prevents users from calling a contact via their preferred SIM card. Therefore, they have to use the remaining line for this purpose. Well, we’re going to show you how to fix the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error on your newly purchased iPhone 13.
Fix ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ Error on iPhone 13
1. Toggle Airplane Mode
Believe it or not, airplane mode is like the troubleshooter I used to fix network related issues on iPhone. If there’s an occasional glitch with the network, resetting the radios does the trick for me – most of the time not. So be sure to give this nifty hack a shot before moving on to the other fixes below.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen (on iPhones without a home button) Access control center and tap on airplane mode icon to activate.
- After waiting a few seconds, tap the airplane mode icon to turn it off and enable your network connection once again. Now try calling any contact via the preferred SIM card on your iPhone to check if the ‘last line is no longer available’ issue is resolved.
2. Clear Your Last Call Log
Several iPhone users encountering the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error reported that clearing the last call log worked for them. As strange as it may sound, we’ve come across some ready-made solutions in the past that have helped fix problems. So don’t miss this one either.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone, Recents tab at the bottom and Tap “Edit” in the upper right corner of the screen. Next, tap on the “Clean” option in the upper left corner of the screen. From now on, “clear allConfirm the deletion with the ” option. Now, restart your iPhone.
- Once your device restarts, try making a call on the default line. If the popup does not appear, you have overcome the problem.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
Force restart (also known as hard reset) will empty the cache and delete unnecessary temporary files on your iPhone, which works in fixing most iOS problems. Therefore, you should also give this nifty solution a try.
- On iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume up button. Next, quickly press the volume down button. After that, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- On iPhone 6s/6 Plus or earlier: Press and hold the power button and home button at the same time until the screen turns black and the Apple logo appears.
4. Try Switching Between SIMs
iOS lets you switch between SIMs for calling purposes. Even if you have set a default line for calls and messages, you can choose to change it. If the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ issue is preventing you from making calls from the default line, try switching SIMs on your iPhone.
- Faucet “i” button next to the person you want to call -> your default phone number -> alternative number.
- When manually dialing a phone number, primary phone number and choose alternative SIM.
5. Update Carrier Settings
Another solution you should try to fix the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ issue on your iOS device is, update carrier settings. There is a possibility that the problem is related to a carrier network which you can fix by updating the carrier setting on your device. The good thing is that carrier providers usually release updates to improve the overall performance of the cellular network and get rid of random issues.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and General -> About. You may now receive an alert asking you to update carrier settings.
- Next, “update” pop up prompt and you are ready to go!
6. Remove and Reinsert Your SIM
None of the above solutions worked for you to fix the problem? Well, remove the SIM card and reinsert it. Most of the time, you can get rid of cellular problems using this old trick. Turn off your iPhone and then use a SIM eject tool to eject the SIM tray. Now wait a few seconds and reinsert the physical SIM card.
After that, press and hold the power button to turn on your device. Now, place a call using the default line on your iPhone and see if you get the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error warning.
7. Reset Network Settings
Whenever I run into a problem with the network, it’s the only hack I’m sure to try reset network settings to factory default. We recommend you try this trick as well, as the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error also seems to have something to do with the e-SIM.
- Go to the Settings app –> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Now, enter your device’s passcode and “Network Settings ResetSelect ” again in the pop-up window to confirm your selection.
8. Reset All Settings
When the basic tips fail to fix a common iOS problem, clearing all current settings and setting up the device from scratch can help. So, we suggest you to try this solution to fix the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone.
- Hungry Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Now, enter your device’s passcode and “reset all settings“To finish again.
9. Update Software
These days, most iOS versions come with numerous bugs. Some have been fixed in subsequent updates, while others, particularly the less-reported ones, continue to exist for a long time. Also, there are a few bugs that pop up from time to time and we have listed some of the most common iOS 15 problems and their solutions in the linked article. While it may seem critical to Apple’s mobile operating system, it’s the truth.
If you are still bothered by the error when calling from the default line, it is likely that there is a bug behind this problem. Therefore, updating the software may fix the problem.
- go to: Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Software Update and download and install the latest version of iOS.
Fix ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ in iOS 15 or Later
So yes, these are pretty much all the tips and tricks you can use to fix the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone 13 or older iPhone model. As we mentioned above, the problem is probably network related. So tips like resetting network settings or updating carrier settings are more likely to fix the problem. Let me know which solution helped you fix the ‘Last Line Is No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone. Also, let us know other solutions that helped fix this annoying issue in the comments below.