Changing your profile name in Zoom is relatively easy, and you can do it on desktop, mobile and web. In fact, to join meetings, not only can you sign in with a new name, you can even change your name when joining a meeting in Zoom. Both options are available on desktop and mobile and web. So let’s take a look at how to change your name on Zoom in a few simple steps.
Change Your Name on Zoom (Updated May 2021)
In this article, we’ll show you how you can change your name on Zoom, regardless of whether you use the desktop app, mobile app, or website. We’ll also detail how to change your name from the general settings or even when you’re in the middle of a meeting. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
Change Your Zoom Name Permanently from Settings
Zoom allows you to easily edit your username using its website, desktop client, and Android and iOS mobile apps. Here’s how to do it:
Using the Zoom Website
- First, sign in to Zoom (website link) in a desktop browser of your choice and “Profile” tab from the left sidebar. Now, “To organiseClick the ” button.
- on the next page, change your display name, use your username or both in Zoom. Finally, “Save” to apply the change.
Using the Windows or Mac Desktop App
- Open the Zoom Windows client and Register if you haven’t signed in yet. Now “SettingsThe ” button (gear symbol) is in the upper right corner.
- On the Settings page “Profile” in the left sidebar and then “edit my profile” in the right panel.
You will now be redirected to the web portal to change your name. For that reason Zoom no longer allows users to change their name in the desktop client. So sign in to the Zoom website and follow the instructions detailed above to change your display name. The process is the same in the Zoom Mac client.
Using Android and iOS App
The steps to change the display name in Zoom remain the same in the Android and iOS mobile apps. We showed the steps on Android here:
- First, open the app and click “SettingsThe ” tab (gear icon) is in the lower right corner. Click on your profile picture or name in the Settings tab. Then, on the next page, “Display name“.
- You can now change your Zoom display name. You can also change your Name and Surname if you want. When you’re done, Tap “Save” Restart the app to see the new name on the Profile page at the top right to save your preferences.
Change Your Name During Zoom Meeting
No matter what platform you’re using, you can even change your name on Zoom in the middle of a meeting. Here, we will detail the methods to update the Zoom name on the website, Windows and Mac clients, and mobile apps.
Using the Zoom Website
- To change your name on the Zoom website after joining a meeting, first click “ParticipantsPress the ” button at the bottom of the Zoom window.
- Now hover your mouse cursor over your name in the Participants list in the upper right corner and click “rename“.
- In the popup box, enter name If you want others to see it in the Zoom meeting and then click “Save“.
This much! Your new name will now be displayed to other participants in the Zoom meeting.
Using the Windows or Mac Client
- To change your display name in a Windows or macOS client while in a meeting, click “Participants” at the bottom of the screen.
- In the sliding panel on the right side of the Zoom window, hover the mouse pointer over your nameand click “More”.
- Next, “rename” button.
- Finally, enter new name Click Zoom and “OK” to save your changes. Moreover “Remember my name for future meetings” Use this option if you plan to join other meetings with the same name in the future.
- Your new name will now appear in the Attendees window and will be visible to other attendees.
Using the Android or iOS App
- To change the Zoom name on your phone when you’re already in a meeting, first “ParticipantsPress the ” button at the bottom of the screen. On the next screen, tap your profile name.
note: If you can’t see the options at the bottom, tap an empty area of your screen to show the options bar..
- Now tap on “renameCheck the ” box and enter the new name you want to use for Zoom in the text field. Finally, tap on “.OK” to save the changes.
- When you restart the app, your new name will appear in the Participants list and will be visible to everyone.
Besides changing your name, check out other great Zoom tips and tricks for using the video conferencing app like a pro. If Zoom isn’t your cup of tea, you can learn about popular Zoom alternatives in our detailed guide linked here.
Change Your Zoom Username on Any Device
We hope our tutorial will help you easily change your display name or username in Zoom, regardless of the platform you use for meetings. In this article, we have explained how to change your name on Zoom before joining a meeting, in the waiting room, and while in a meeting. If you run into any problems, feel free to drop your questions in the comments below. We will do our best to respond to them as quickly as we can.