Windows 10 has some great features, but it’s undeniable that sometimes even basic features break down and you wonder what to do. That’s why we’ve written a detailed guide on common Windows 10 problems and solutions. Besides that, users are reporting that the Action Center, which is now responsible for notifications and basic toggles, is grayed out and not working at all. Action Center toggle is grayed out in Windows 10 personalization settings and users cannot turn it on. So, if you are also facing the issue, follow our guide and get it fixed in minutes.
How to Fix ‘Action Center Grayed Out in Windows 10’ (2021)
1. We are going Edit Group Policy To fix “Action Center Grayed Out” issue in Windows 10. If you’re using Windows 10 Home or Education, follow our guide to enable Group Policy editor in your edition. Pro and Enterprise users do not need to do anything.
2. After enabling the Group Policy Editor, press the Windows key once and click “gpeditNow open “Edit Group Policy” from the search result.
3. Next, go to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar. Here, “Remove Notifications and Action Center“.
4. Double-click on the policy to open it. Finally, “Not set” and then click “OK”. Now, restart your computer and check if the Action Center is still grayed out in Windows 10.
5. If you are still facing the problem, go ahead and create a new local user profile in Windows 10. After that, sign in to that temporary profile.
6. In this profile, go to Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Turn System Icons On or Off. Here, Close “Action Center” change.
7. Next, log out of this profile and login to your original account. Now the Action Center will not be grayed out and you can open it easily.
Fix Notifications and Action Center Not Working in Windows 10
This is a nifty guide to fix Action Center grayed out problem in Windows 10. It will also fix the notification issue and you will start getting them under Action Center. As I mentioned above, if Group Policy Editor fails to fix it, create a new user account. It fixed the problem for many users. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you are facing another issue where your computer throws an error “An administrator has blocked you from running this application”, follow our linked guide to fix the issue. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.