While most social networking apps like Twitter and Instagram adopted dark mode some time ago, Facebook was lagging behind. The social media giant announced in early 2020 that it is working on a dark mode and will launch it soon. However, the mobile app for iPhone and Android has been put on hold, while both the web app and Facebook app got it much earlier. Finally, the long wait is over as you can enable dark mode on Facebook on iOS and Android devices.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook on iOS and Android
While Facebook has yet to officially reveal details about the dark mode’s rollout, Facebook’s technology communications manager Alexandru Voica and serial leaker Jane Manchun Wong have announced that Dark Mode has gone live.
Note that this is a phased rollout. Therefore, the feature may not be available on your device yet. Make sure to update the social networking app before trying the steps below.
- On iOS: Open App Store -> Profile picture. Now find and update Facebook.
- On Android: Start Play Store -> Menu button -> My apps & games. Find Facebook and then update as usual.
After updating the Facebook app on your device, launch it.
- Start Facebook on your device.
2. Tap now. menu button in the top/bottom corner of the screen.
3. Then scroll down and tap on it. Settings and Privacy.
4. Next, tap on Dark Mode.
5th place, three options:
- Open: Select to always enable Dark Mode on Facebook on your device.
- Closed: Select to disable Dark Mode on Facebook.
- System: Select this if you want Facebook to automatically adjust its appearance based on your device’s settings.
Depending on your needs, you can choose the preferred option. The change will take effect immediately.
Toggle Dark Mode on Facebook on iOS and Android
So, this is how you can enable Dark Mode on Facebook on your iPhone and Android. Whether it’s improving the viewing experience or boosting battery life, the dark theme comes in really handy. This is the reason why it is requested by most users.
With approximately 2.5 billion users, Facebook remains by far the most popular social networking application. From allowing you to share photos/videos, to creating a page to connect with your followers/customers, to playing instant games, the app has a wide variety of features that will interest you. Let us know what features you still want to see.