Kodi is the perfect app to stream and organize all our media content in one place. However, there are times when we run into issues with constant buffering, poor quality streaming, and the usual stuttering. Even though you have a pretty fast internet connection, sometimes cache files create problems for Kodi to work properly. In such cases, clearing the cache will keep Kodi free from any hurdles. Also, clearing the cache regularly makes Kodi quite fast and responsive. In this post, I will share two easy ways to clear cache in Kodi on device.
Note: We tested both methods and found them to work properly. You can use one of the methods to clear the cache on Kodi.
Clear Cache on Kodi on Any Device in 2020
Kodi has no native option to clear cache or remove junk files. However, there are plugins that do the job pretty well. I used two popular repositories, SuperRepo and TVAddons, to install the necessary addons.. You can clear the cache on Kodi using Merlin Wizard or the Indigo addon. Both plugins are pretty good and you can use any of them.
Since you can install these addons on Kodi on any device, you can use them to clear Kodi cache on Android, Mac, Windows, Linux and yes, even Kodi for iPhone. So, without taking any more of your time, let’s see how you can clear the Kodi cache to make it faster and more reliable.
Clear Cache on Kodi Using Merlin Wizard Addon
1. We need specific Kodi repository to download Merlin Wizard addon. So get the SuperRepo repository here.
2. Now open Kodi and switch to the “Add-ons” tab. Here, Click “Install from ZIP file”.
3. A file browser window will open. Here, go to download folder and select the SuperRepo ZIP file. The repository will be instantly installed on Kodi.
4. Now go to the “Add-ons” tab again and Open “Install from Repository”.
5. On the next screen, Click on “SuperRepo Repositories” [Krpton][v7]”.
6. You are now in the SuperRepo repository. Here, Click on “Plugin repository” and then open “SuperRepo All”. [Krpton][v7]”.
7. Now, Click the “Install” button and wait for the installation to complete.
8. Go back to the “Add-ons” tab and Open “Install from Repository” again. This time “SuperRepo All[Krypton][v7]”.
9. On the next screen, Open “Program Add-ons”.
10. Now scroll down and Find “Merlin Wizard”.
11. Open the Merlin Wizard and Click the “Install” button.
12. After the installation is complete, Click the “Open” button. It will start the Merlin Wizard process, so wait for a while.
13. On the Merlin Wizard page, Click the “Toolbox” button.
14. Finally, Click the “Clear Cache” button To remove all the cache accumulated behind Kodi. The status will change to “Healthy” after the cache is cleared.
15. Next, you can: Also select “Delete Packages” and “Delete Thumbnails”. Note that deleting the thumbnail will forcefully close Kodi.
16. After finishing, Click the “Exit” button twice. You have now successfully cleared the cache on Kodi.
Clear Cache on Kodi Using Indigo Addon
To have the Indigo addon, we first need the TVAddons repository. Download the repo from: here.
1. Now open Kodi and Switch to the “Plugin” tab. Here, click on the “Install from ZIP file” option.
2. After that, find the downloaded ZIP file on your PC and open it. The repository will be created instantly.
3. Now go back to the “Plugin” tab and Click “Install from repository”.
4. Here, Open the “TVAddons” repository.
5. Also, Open “Program add-ons”.
6. After that, Find “Indigo” Select from the list and open.
7. Now Click the “Install” button.
8. After the installation is complete, Click the “Open” button.
9. Here, Open “Maintenance Tools” on the first page.
10. Finally, you will have the option to clear the cache in Kodi. Click “Clear Cache” to completely clear the cache from Kodi. You can also go through other options. Now, you have successfully cleared the cache on Kodi.
Clear Cache and Enjoy Hassle-Free Kodi
This is how you can clear the cache on Kodi. As we said above, you can use both methods on Windows, macOS, Android and Linux. Although the process is lengthy, it is definitely not difficult and you can clear the cache easily if you follow the steps carefully. Also, if the first method is not working and you are still having Kodi related issues, try the Indigo addon. Both plugins are pretty good and you should have no junk files after clearing the cache. Anyway, if you like this nifty guide, comment below and let us know what you think about it.