The 2019 General Elections are approaching and it’s time to verify your Voter ID information before you vote. Before the election, a new Electoral Roll is prepared so that there are no duplications or mistakes in the final list. During compilation, you have the opportunity to make changes to your Voter ID. In some cases, names are deleted due to violation of some ECI rules. It is better to check the information before the voting day and if you find some mistakes, take the time on hand for correction. Here’s how you can check your voter credentials online and make sure you’re eligible to vote.
Note: The selection search website is under tremendous load, so you may have to refresh the page a few times before it loads and you can access the website.
Check Voter Credentials to Find Your Name on Voter List
- Keep your voter ID card handy and election search site. Switch to the “Search by EPIC Number” tab and fill in the EPIC number provided on your voter ID card (starts with letters and ends with numbers) click the “Search” button along with the rest of the information.
2. If you have provided the correct information, you will see the result in the bottom bar of the web page. Click on the ‘View Details’ box and a new page will open with all your details.. You can verify your information and find the voting date and place in the left pane of the page.
3. In the lower right pane, You can find information about your local Booth Level Officer (BLO). If you have a problem with your voter ID card, you can also contact him.
4. If there are some errors in your information or if you say you want to move to a different constituency, you can refer to the right pane for changes. You don’t have to worry as the process is completely online.
5. If you do not have a Voter Card or EPIC number, You can search using the “Search by Details” tab.. It’s a tiring process, but if you’ve lost your voter ID, it’s your only option.
6. If you couldn’t find your name on the voter list, appeal using this form to include your name on the revised list. This process is also completely online.
SEE ALSO: How to Use Google Assistant to Check Train Running Status
Make Sure You’re Eligible to Vote
This way you can find information online and navigate to the voting day. It is imperative that you cross-check your information in order not to be denied your vote on election day. Since everything is online, you don’t have to worry about visiting any government office.