I love this new update, even though iOS 13 is pretty buggy. And it’s not just because of all the new features this latest iOS version brings to the table. It’s all the little things that Apple has changed throughout the UI, making it a more useful and enjoyable experience. For example, canceling app subscriptions on iOS prior to iOS 13 was such a long ordeal that it took literally minutes to do so. You had to go through about 10 menu items before you could cancel an app subscription. Fortunately, that has changed with iOS 13 and in this post I will show you how to unsubscribe from apps on iPhone.
Note: Speaking of iPhone here, the same steps apply to iPad and iPod Touch devices running iOS 13 or iPadOS 13.
Canceling App Subscription in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
In iOS 13, Apple made app unsubscribe easy, and that’s good news. As more and more apps move towards subscription, users needed a way to manage them effectively. So, if you just want to check your current subscription or cancel an ongoing subscription for an app you no longer use, here are the things you need to do to do it.
1. Launch “App Store” on your iPhone or iPad, and then Tap the “Profile” button in the upper right corner.
2. Here, Tap on “Subscriptions”.
3. Now. You will see a list of all your ongoing and expired subscriptions. To cancel a subscription, first Tap the name of the app, then tap “Cancel Subscription”.
4. If you want to resubscribe to an app or service, you can do so here as well. Just tap on its name and then choose subscription option.
5. On the next page, you will be asked to confirm the purchase. Confirm using Touch ID / Face ID or your passcode.
6. Finally, tap “Done”.
SEE ALSO: How to Fix Bluetooth Issues in iOS 13 on iPhone and iPad
Cancel Unused Subscription to Avoid Paying Fees
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been unable to cancel a subscription and pay for apps I no longer use due to the complex cancellation process in iOS 12 and lower. With iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, this is thankfully no longer the case. Let us know what you think of this new change by writing in the comments section below.