password manager Google Chrome Instantly accessible from any computer or smartphone as long as you sign in to your Google account within the browser. There is an interesting feature if you rely on it instead of resorting to a third-party solution like LastPass or 1Password like many other users do. export saved passwords. This simplifies mobility by allowing it to be exported to another password manager or moved to another Google account as needed.
How to export Google Chrome passwords from an Android smartphone or tablet
Here’s how to export your saved passwords to Google Chrome from an Android smartphone or tablet:
- Tap the three vertical dots to the right of the address bar
- press on Settings > Passwords
- Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and then export passwords
- You will be asked to enter the smartphone unlock code for security before exporting.
You can also view the corresponding password for each website, not being able to export all of them. Simply select each account and then tap the eye icon to the right of the secret password. Again, device unlock code is required before viewing.
Export Google Chrome passwords from computer
The process is almost the same. The option to export Google Chrome passwords from a computer is in advanced settings. To go there:
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, then Settings
- all down, Click on Advanced Settings
- In the “Passwords and forms” section, click “Manage passwords”.
- Click the three vertical dots to the right of the “Saved passwords” section, and then Export passwords
- A dialog box opens. Click Export Passwords again
Finally, enter your Windows login password. A precaution that prevents anyone from exporting passwords without your knowledge. After the code is entered, a csv file is downloaded. If the purpose of recovery is to transfer passwords to another administrator, they should be put in a safe place or deleted as soon as possible.