Ninite has long been the service of choice for many users who want to bulk install their Windows 10 apps. And frankly, it works like a charm. However, there is a great project in town called Winstall developed by Mehedi Hassan that is just as flawless as Ninite. Winstall takes advantage of the new Winget package manager recently released by Microsoft. Apart from that, Winstall also offers a great way to share your favorite Windows 10 apps. So follow to bulk install Windows 10 apps with Winstall.
Batch Install Windows 10 Apps with Winstall in 2020
Since Winstall uses Winget, you need to install the package manager first. And for this your PC must be turned on Windows 10 1709 (build 16299) or later. Below, we show you how to install Winget first, and then you can batch install Windows 10 apps using Winstall. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
note: You do not need to be on the Insider Build of Windows 10 to use this service. You don’t need to sign up for Winget Preview either.
1. Click this connection and download the latest appxbundle It’s under the Assets section.
2. After that, double click on appxbundle and load. It’s asking me to reinstall the service because I already installed the service.
3. To check if Winget is installed properly command prompt and run
winget. If it shows a service description, you’re good to go.
4. Now that Winget is installed, open it install.app in your browser and Click on “+” to add apps Your choice. Essential tools, entertainment, etc. to find the best Windows 10 apps. Review all sections such as
5. After selecting all your apps, click “Generate Script” in the bottom bar.
6. It will now present you a Winget script that will bulk install all the apps at once. Click “copy to clipboard“.
7. Open Command Prompt or new Windows Terminal and paste command. Finally, hit enter and Winget will start installing all the apps in Microsoft’s repository at once. No need to go through the entire installation cycle of each app. This is beautiful, isn’t it?
8. You can also: download batch file Starting from step 6, run it like an EXE file to batch install applications.
9. And if you want Recommend your apps to your friends or family then you can also create your personalized Pack. Select your favorite apps and click “Create Package” in the bottom bar.
10. Next, create an account and give it a name and a description of your Package. After that, click “Create Package”.
11. Finally, you can: Share bundle link and everyone can install your favorite apps in one go.
Quickly Install Windows 10 PC with Winstall
So you can batch install Windows 10 apps and set up a new computer in minutes. As I mentioned above, Ninite is great, but Winstall opens up a hassle-free new way (competition is good!) and offers a great option to share your favorite apps via Packages. I am definitely looking forward to how this project will shape up in the future. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you’re looking for more Windows 10 tips and tricks, follow our linked guide.