For some, Hinge is not just another dating app. Both the free and paid versions have useful features to help narrow your search for “the one”.
However, just like any other dating app, Hinge ensures that you are protected and safe while using it. You choose who you want to talk to and who you want to exclude from your connections. But how do you do that?
Continue reading this article to learn more about the Remove button and other options that help you stay safe on Hinge.
How to Remove a Match
If you’re matched with someone, it probably means you have common interests and love each other based on your chosen personal details and photos. But that doesn’t mean you’re perfect for each other. If at some point you have decided that your match is not for you, you can remove them and stop all communication.
To unmatch someone on Hinge, do the following:
- Open the Hinge app on your smartphone.
- Select the Matches tab to see who you’ve matched with.
- Open the profile you want by tapping on it.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner to see a menu of options.
- Select Unmatch and the profile will be removed from your matches.
Remember that you cannot rematch with someone. Mismatch is just like blocking someone on Hinge. When you unmatch a person, they can no longer see your profile.
If you just want to hide a match from view, you can do this:
- Launch Hinge on your phone.
- Go to your match drawer and tap on the match you want to hide.
- Select Hide from the menu you will see after tapping the three dots.
This match will be moved to the bottom of the list, but will appear automatically if they send you a message. If you do not exchange messages for two weeks, you do not need to hide them manually – this will happen automatically. Of course, you can show them if you want.
What If You Didn’t Press Uninstall?
If you haven’t removed someone from your matches but can’t find them, there are three possible reasons:
- You pulled out the match, but not on purpose. It may have happened accidentally when trying to tap another option.
- This person has removed you from their match and therefore you cannot find their account.
- They disabled the hinge profiles.
How to Report Someone on Hinge
If someone is bothering you on Hinge, you can quickly solve them without matching. However, if they are violent or inappropriate, you should consider reporting them to the site. This will prevent them from finding someone else to bother with. You don’t have to worry about your security because reporting another user on Hinge is anonymous. Also, once you report someone, you can’t get them back.
Here’s how you can report someone:
- Open the app and go to the profile of the person who offended you.
- Tap the dots icon to open the profile menu.
- Select Report.
- Select the reason for reporting the user.
How to Remove Your Hinge Account
Have you found a suitable partner and started dating? If so, you might want to get rid of the app and delete your account. Note that uninstalling the app from your smartphone will not automatically remove your profile from the app. It will stay there – you just won’t be using it. To completely delete your account from Hinge, follow these steps:
- Open the app and select Settings.
- Select the account option.
- Select Delete Account from the new screen.
- Tap to confirm.
After successfully deactivating your Hinge profile, you can proceed to uninstall the app from your mobile device.
Not Ready to Leave for Good?
If you haven’t found a match yet but are a little tired of scrolling, you can take a break. Disable your account for a while and come back when you’re ready to continue searching. Here’s how you can pause your account:
- Open your hinge app.
- Go to Settings and select Account.
- Find the Pause option in this menu.
- Set the toggle to On.
This makes you invisible to new people. However, you can continue to chat with your old matches. If you decide you want to continue using Hinge to discover people, you can go to the Discover screen and select Pause profile. Another way is to go back to the account settings and toggle the Pause toggle to Off.
He also has an unusual way of preventing new people from contacting you. If you’re a premium member, you can make your filters nearly impossible, such as choosing all options as deal breakers. That way, it’s very unlikely that someone who fits your preferences will come along.
To Match or Not to Match
You matched with someone but changed your mind. It’s possible. With features that allow you to second-guess your first impression on the hinge, you can remove a person from your matches. When you do this you will no longer need to talk to them, and that will not be possible. You will never be seen with each other. Think twice before removing someone from your matches as this action is permanent.
How was your experience with Hinge? Have you taken out one of your matches lately? Let us know in the comments section below.