If you want your photos on Snapchat to stand out even more, consider adding animated emojis. Yes, you heard right. Along with all the extra filters you can find for Snapchat, you can add emojis to video snaps and have them move with you.
Do you want to know how? Yes, we know this is a stupid question. Of course! The truth is, I’ve actually been a bit distracted since discovering this feature. It’s ridiculously fun!
Let’s take action and add animated emojis to our snapshots.
Shoot a Snapchat Video
Obviously, the first thing you will do is open the Snapchat app on your iOS or Android device. Once Snapchat opens, follow our instructions to add emojis to your video.
- Take a Snapchat video by pressing and holding the white circular button at the bottom of your mobile device’s screen. You can use the front or rear facing camera.
- Then tap the sticker button at the top of your screen. This is the one that looks like a peeling sticker to the left of the “T” icon (it stands for “text”, for example adding text to your snap).
- Find an emoji or sticker you want to add to your video snap.
- When you come back to the video footage you just recorded, put your emoji sticker or any of the available stickers wherever you want. When you embed it, it becomes part of your video.
- Oh, you can also add more stickers or emojis if you want; go back to the sticker menu and add more.
Adding stickers and emojis to video snaps is so much fun! Another addictive feature of the Snapchat app to add to the list, and a great trick to share with your best friends.
The animated emoji feature has apparently been around for at least a few months as of this writing. However, it will always be new to someone who didn’t know it existed until you read this (or if you’re just starting your Snapchat journey).
You don’t need to take instant videos of yourself or others to use the animated emoji feature in Snapchat. You can take video of your pet and add silly stickers or emojis to make your own funny pet videos. The possibilities are endless… Have some fun with it!
Keep checking here often for more Snapchat tips and tricks. Until next time Snapchat folks, hurry up.