Already a favorite of the young population, Snapchat bought the company that owns Bitmoji in 2016, further boosting the platform’s fun factor. In July 2019, the Snapchat team added the Bitmoji feature, which you can now use while chatting or as a sticker.
Cartoon-like avatars are great fun and appealing to all of us, not just teenagers. It is a welcomed add-on for most Snapchat users.
How can you get the most out of using Snapchat and Bitmoji together? If you’re excited about adding Bitmoji the next time you chat with your friends, you’ll want to read this article.
How Do I Link My Snapchat and Bitmoji Accounts?
You can link your accounts in a few easy steps and in no more than a minute. Here’s how to do this:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Tap the little icon in the upper left corner to open your home screen.
- Find the Settings icon in the upper right corner and tap to open it.
- Tap the Bitmoji section under My Account.
- A new screen will open showing the Create Bitmoji button. Tap to open.
- When you’re taken to the Bitmoji app, tap on Create with Snapchat.
- You will have the option to take a selfie to make your Bitmoji more accurate. Tap Skip or Continue.
- After you finish creating your Bitmoji, you will be prompted to link the apps. Tap Accept & Connect.
- Congratulations – apps successfully connected!
Now you are ready to use Bitmoji stickers in your snapshot and chat!
How Do I Edit My Bitmoji Character?
Why are Bitmojis so appealing to almost everyone? Probably because they created a unique experience for Snapchat users – no one else will have the same Bitmoji character!
If at some point you want to edit your Bitmoji character, you can do it this way.
- Tap your Bitmoji in the upper left corner of your Snapchat home screen, where the ghost once was.
- Tap the Settings button in the upper right corner.
- Select Bitmoji from the menu that appears.
- Tap Change My Outfit or Edit My Bitmoji, depending on what you want to do.
With the first option, you will only be able to change the clothes your Bitmoji is wearing, while the other will allow you to change your hair color, for example.
Whatever you choose to change, tap ✔ in the top-right corner of your screen when you’re done.
How Do I Add My Bitmoji Character to Snap?
You are now ready to use your Bitmoji character on Snapchat. If you want to add it to a Snap, do the following:
- Create a new attachment – you can add Bitmoji to photos and videos.
- When you tap the Stickers button, swipe left as this will reveal the available Bitmoji stickers.
- Tap the Bitmoji you want to use and place it somewhere on your snap.
- If you want to add more Bitmoji, go back to Tags and repeat the procedure.
What is Friendmoji?
What could be more fun than seeing your cartoon-like face everywhere? Seeing you and your friends together!
Where can you find Friendmoji stickers?
- Select a friend and open the chat box.
- Tap Sticker Picker. You will find it in the menu below.
- If you can’t find the option, keep scrolling down to see more.
You can also change these avatars and choose another friend to share Bitmoji with. You only need to:
- Tap the smiley face in the Group Chat.
- Tap and hold any of the Friendmoji characters. A list of your friends’ Bitmoji will appear.
- Select any of your friends from the list and wait for it to refresh.
Note: Your friend must also connect these two apps before you can create a Friendmoji.
Guess How Much Snapchat Paid for Bitmoji?
Psychopath! We didn’t want to make it like a pop quiz. As long as you can use both together, who cares?
But if you want to share the answer with the community or anything, please do so in the comments.