Some avoid sharing photos and videos via Facebook as the platform defaults your HD media to SD. And the difference between high definition and standard definition videos and pictures is quite visible.
Facebook states that its users want to save their mobile data and that is the reason for the average video quality.
Read on and learn how to upload HD videos and photos to Facebook on all platforms. True; It is also possible to upload HD content to the mobile version of the application.
How to Upload HD Video to a Computer
The desktop version of Facebook is great in many ways, including high-quality content uploads. Your internet speed on the computer is far superior to the mobile network in most cases due to the cable connection.
Follow these steps to upload HD content from your computer to Facebook:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click the What’s On Your Mind field at the top of the Facebook Home screen.
- Select the News Feed or Your Story.
- Select Photo/Video.
- Browse your computer’s library and find the HD video you want to upload. Select it and click Open.
- Wait for the video to load and click Publish.
How to Upload HD Video to iOS Devices
The Facebook app for iOS is slightly different from its Android counterpart. Therefore, we will explain the process for both platforms. Follow these steps to upload HD videos to your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Select the hamburger icon at the bottom right of your screen (three horizontal lines).
- Select Settings & Privacy (gear icon).
- Select settings.
- Select Media & People, then Videos & Photos.
- Enable the Upload HD option under the Video Settings tab. You can do the same for Photo Settings if you want.
Now that you have enabled HD video uploads on Facebook for your iOS device, you can freely post them. Note that it is better to enable your Wi-Fi and save mobile data. You can now post all content to HD Facebook the same way you post.
How to Upload HD Videos to Android Devices
Here’s how to upload HD videos to Facebook on Android tablets and phones:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android device.
- Login to your account.
- Select the hamburger icon at the top of your screen.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Next, tap on Settings.
- Next, select Media and Contacts.
- Finally, enable Upload Video as HD.
This much. Now you can freely stream HD videos from your Android device.
If you use Facebook, it is very likely that you also have WhatsApp. Did you know that WhatsApp maintains video and photo quality? Facebook also owns WhatsApp, but for some reason the image quality is much better than Facebook’s.
Click the link given above, download WhatsApp and enjoy smooth upload of HD videos and photos. You can share your high-quality videos with whoever you want, whether it’s one person or a larger circle of friends.
After all, the choice is yours
Facebook converts HD content to SD by default. However, it is for saving your mobile data. Fortunately, you can easily change this, especially with the help of our advice in this article.
How do you upload your stuff to Facebook in SD or HD? Or do you share your high quality videos with your friends on other platforms? Let us know in the comments section below.