Snapchat Trophies is the platform’s attempt to make us even more addicted by gamifying social networks. Adding mugs, tiny emojis you can use on the web, gives you one more reason to use Snapchat as if you didn’t have enough. If you want to unlock all Snapchat Trophies, here is what you need to do.
Gamification is being used more often than you might think. You take some non-game fun in a program, application, process or otherwise and add game mechanics to make it more rewarding, engaging, or more interesting. Essentially, it uses human psychology against us by making us do more or do more by tapping into our established reward recipients and competitiveness.
One of the key aspects of gamification is instant gratification with proof of success. This means offering quick rewards for small actions and providing proof that you can show off to others. These rewards may be less or require more effort, but the gradual process of drawing you in means you’ve already invested and will continue your efforts until you have this proof. In the Snapchat example, the instant gratification part is the low-level trophies, and the proof of success is the Cup Case.
It is a very simple but very effective way to increase engagement.
Unlock all Snapchat Trophies
Returning to the topic at hand, here’s how to unlock all Snapchat Trophies. I didn’t collect all of these myself, but this is what you need to do to unlock all available Snapchat Trophies.
- 👶 Baby: Snapchat score is 100.
- 🌟 Shining star: Snapchat score 500.
- ✨ Sparkles: 1,000 Snapchat points.
- 💫 Shooting star: 10,000 Snapchat points.
- 💥 Collision symbol: 50,000 Snapchat points.
- 🚀 Rocket ship: 100,000 Snapchat points.
- 👻 Ghost: 500,000 Snapchat points.
- Links: Linked Bitmoji to Snapchat.
- 👆 Thumbs up: Send a filtered snap.
- Peace sign: Send in a snap using two filters.
- 🐼 Panda: Send 50 photos using black and white filter.
- Snowflake: Send in a snap when the temperature filter is below freezing.
- 🌞 Sun with a face: Submit a photo with the filter above 100° F.
- 🍭 Lollipop: Send in a snap using five or more pen colors.
- 🌈 Rainbow: Send 10 snaps using five or more pen colors.
- 🎨 Palette: Send 50 snapshots using five or more pen colors.
- 📼 Videotape: Send a video image.
- 🎥 Movie camera: Send 50 video snaps.
- 📹 Digital film camera: Send 500 video snaps.
- 🙉 Monkey covering ears: Send a silent video image.
- 🔂 First loop: Turn the camera once during a video shoot.
- 🔁 Loop: Flip the camera five times in a video shot.
- 🔄 Refresh: Turn the camera ten times in a video capture.
- 🔦 Flashlight: Send 10 snapshots using your front-facing flash.
- 🌜 Half moon: Send 50 photos in night mode.
- 👹 Devil: Send 1,000 selfies.
- 🔍 Magnifier: Send 10 fully zoomed photo snapshots.
- 🔬 Microscope: Send 10 video snaps using zoom.
- 🔠 ABCD: Send 100 photos with enlarged text.
- 🍳 Eggs in the frying pan: Send in a snap between 4 and 5 in the morning
- 📧 Email: Confirm your email address.
- Phone: Verify your phone number.
- 😈 Happy devil: A snapshot screenshot.
- 👿 Sad devil: Screenshot 10 snapshots.
- 👺 Red mask: Screenshot 50 snapshots.
- 📻 Radio: Post an attachment to your Local Story.
- 🎬 Clapperboard: Post 10 photos to your local story.
- 📠 Fax machine: Scan 5 instant codes.
- Floppy: 10 snapshots saved in Memories.
- 100 snapshots were recorded on CD: Memories.
- 1,000 snapshots were recorded on DVD: Memories.
- Sphere: Snapshot posted on Live Story.
- White circle: A Story Sent from Memories.
- Blue circle: You have created a Story in Memories.
- Minidisk: You have saved a Story to Memories.
- Eyes: You just set up My Eyes Memory.
- Detective: Searched for a snapshot in Memories.
- Bullseye: Added five people to Add Nearby.
- Winged dollar: You sent money using Snapcash.
These are all the Snapchat Trophies I know and the icons that identify them that I could find. You need to go to your Snapchat Trophy Case to find out which one you have and which one you should win.
- Select the ghost icon on Snapchat’s camera screen.
- Select the trophy icon at the top of the screen.
- Select each trophy to see the details.
You can see all the trophies you’ve earned, but not the trophies you haven’t earned yet. These are covered with the padlock icon. Now that you know how to earn each one, you can start going through them and complete the collection.
Do you have a competitive Snapchat Trophy Case? If you have, show us below!