Instant messaging is one of the most common forms of communication today. If you download the line chat app, you can send high quality messages, call or video call your friends. This app is available for Android, iOS, Mac and Windows devices and is completely free.
Whether you’re new to the app or have been using it for a while, you might want to know if it’s possible to see when someone has read your messages. The answer is yes, but the information is not always reliable. This article will explain everything you need to know about this confusing topic.
Can You See Someone Is Active On The Line?
If you’re used to Facebook or other popular messengers, you can expect Line to notify you when your friends are online. However, the Line app will never show you if a contact is active. There is no green dot next to a person’s name to let everyone know they are online.
Many Line users are happy with this feature as it gives them more privacy. Even if you are in the app, you are not always available to chat and no one needs to know that you are active.
As a result, you don’t have to worry about offending people if you stay quiet while using Line. What about leaving someone on Read?
How To See If Someone Has Even Read Your Message
When you send a message, the recipient receives a notification about it. If they tap the notification, it should instantly mark the message as Read. Besides that, you will see exactly when they read the message.
However, Line officials admitted that this is not a flawless feature. On some devices, your messages will show as Read as soon as your friend receives a notification. Therefore, the time next to the Read Receipt is not when they read your message, but when they actually received the notification.
If the person you’re messaging is connected to Wi-Fi all day, they can receive an instant notification and the message will be marked as read. The creators also mentioned that the Reading note is displayed differently depending on the situation, but this is not well explained. Worst of all, you don’t know which devices instantly mark messages as Read.
For many Line users, this is a frustrating anomaly. If you are using Line, did you notice the problem? Please share your experiences in the comments below.
How Can You See If Someone Has Read Your Message In A Group Line Chat?
Now that we’ve covered one-on-one chat, let’s see what happens in group chats. To see if members of your group have read your message, follow these steps:
- Open Line on your device.
- Go to the Chats window located at the bottom left of your screen.
- Find the Group you sent your message to.
- If no one has read your message yet, nothing will be added to it.
- If someone has read it, it will read “Read” next to the message.
- There is also a number next to “Read”, which shows how many people have seen the message.
- Below will be the time they read it or, in some cases, the time they received the notification.
Note that if someone leaves a group, they will lose all chat history and can no longer see your messages.
You even sent a message but it was never read
Have you ever sent a message to your friend on Line but they never replied and the message was not marked as Read? Here’s what might have happened.
- They were offline – If it hasn’t been a long time since you sent the message, don’t worry too much. It is possible that the receiver is offline or has not been able to control the Line.
- They deleted Line – Maybe they left the app. The only thing you can do in this situation is to look for other ways to contact them.
- You are on the incognito list – This may hurt your feelings, but there are many possible reasons someone would use this feature. This feature blocks all notifications from you, but you can still message them.
Read – Takeout
Now you know how message statuses work in Line. Note that the Read Receipt on a message is not always reliable, as it can only mean that the person you’re sending the message to has received the notification. Hopefully, Line will fix the problem in the future and save users from unpleasant miscommunications.