Snapchat video posts are a fun way to share your thoughts and feelings with everyone. Adding some flair by reversing the video can certainly make even the simplest clips interesting to watch. In this article, we will show you some ways to reverse a video for a Snapchat post.
Using Snapchat Video Filters
The simplest way to get a reverse video to add to your Snapchat post is to save them using the Snapchat app itself. The app has several video filters, including one that edits these videos to be played in reverse. To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Record a video by pressing and holding the circle icon. This can also be done hands-free by holding down for two seconds and then swiping left. You can stop recording by releasing the record button or tapping the stop button while in hands-free mode.
- When you’re done, swipe left to activate Snapchat’s various video filters. Keep scrolling until you see three arrows pointing to the flash in the middle of your screen. This is reverse video filter. You will notice that your video is now playing in reverse.
- From here you can drop it, save your video to your album, post it to your Story, or send it to your friends using the Send option.
This method applies to both the videos you take with the Snapchat App and the videos you upload from your phone’s albums. To edit a video on your phone:
- Tap the little icon next to the record button on your main app screen to open Memories.
- Tap the Camera Roll tab to open your phone’s current media.
- Choose which video to reverse.
- Tap the three-dot icons at the top right of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap on Edit Snap to open the filter options.
- Swipe left and find the reverse filter.
- From here you can select Send at the bottom right to send it to Snapchat, or tap Done at the top left to save the edited video to your phone’s memory.
Using Third-Party Applications
Another option to have a reversed video in your post would be to edit the video using a third-party app before sending it to Snapchat. While Snapchat already has video filters, that wouldn’t be as extensive as an app that actually does it privately.
A few apps you can try are Reverse Movie FX for Android from Google Play or Reverse Video Editor for IOS from the Apple App Store. They are highly rated apps for making reverse videos and are free to use. Save the videos once you’ve finished editing, and then access them by selecting them under Memories in your Camera Roll as shown in the instructions above.
Editing Videos on PC
Another option would be to edit videos on your PC and then transfer them to your phone. Alternatively, you can install Snapchat on your computer using BlueStacks to access the video directly from your computer. Use the video editing software of your choice, transfer the edited file to your phone, then proceed to share it to the Snapchat app from the Camera Roll tab in the Memories menu.
This can be a roundabout way of doing things, but some of the best video editing apps are on PC and Mac rather than mobile. Having all the features of a video editing suite makes it super easy to add different effects to your videos.
Also, as mentioned, BlueStacks is an android emulator for PC that allows you to use Snapchat on your computer. To use Snapchat on PC, you can check the BlueStacks Snapchat installation page and follow the instructions. From here, it will be very easy to upload edited videos from your computer.
Adding Some Pizzazz
It never hurts to add a little pizzazz to make your videos more interesting to the people you share them with. Reversing the video is a simple but pretty cool effect that makes your clips more memorable for viewers, and that’s always a good thing.
Do you know any other tricks on how to reverse a video for Snapchat posts? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.