Maybe you got the feeling that you should go to Snapchat and see what’s going on with all your friends. Forgot your password after opening the Snapchat app? Oh, Snap. This is the worst. However, we will assist you.
If you encounter this dilemma, we will tell you how you can get your forgotten Snapchat password back. So let’s not delay any longer. Here we go.
iPhone and Android Password Reset
When you open the Snapchat app and aren’t automatically signed in yet, you’ll be on the app’s Sign In & Sign Up screen.
Next, you will tap the entry. These instructions apply to both the iPhone and Android Snapchat apps. The next steps are as follows.
- You are at the login screen showing your Snapchat username. Below it asks for your password. Since you forgot, then you’ll have to pick it up.
- Tap the Forgot Your Password link, highlighted in blue below the password entry field.
- A box appears on your Smartphone screen asking how you want to reset your Password. Options are via Phone or Email.
- Tap the phone or email button to reset your Snapchat Password.
- You will now be on the Reset Password web page of your Snapchat account when you choose to reset via email.
- Enter the email account you originally used to sign up for Snapchat; You can get the password reset link from the Snapchat team.
- Next, tap on the send button and wait for the email.
Reset Password by Phone
- If you have chosen to retrieve (reset) your Snapchat password via phone, you must first prove that you are not a robot. You will have to tap on the frames that contain a ghostly image, which is the Snapchat mascot icon. Then tap Continue after selecting the correct pictures.
- On the next screen, you will enter your mobile phone number for verification purposes. The verification steps used allow you to find your Snapchat friends and recover your account. It is a precaution used when you forget your password.
- After entering your phone number, tap Continue. Then the Snapchat team will send you a verification code. You can choose to receive a code on your phone via SMS text or choose the call me button instead. After selecting one, tap the Continue button to continue.
Now you have learned how to easily reset your Snapchat password if you forgot it. You can have it reset by email or your mobile phone. You will need to go through a few verification steps first. This allows you to be who you say you are and ensures that your Snapchat account remains secure and only you have access to it.
You can also follow this guide if you want to reset your Snapchat password even if you know what it is. This can be useful when you want to change your password as a security measure for your Snapchat Account. It is recommended to change passwords on any account from time to time; your accounts are less likely to be breached.