Want to create an Instagram Reels cover that really stands out? You are in the right place! Crafting the perfect cover for your reel is crucial to engaging viewers and keeping them engaged with your content. A great cover not only helps your Reels stand out, it also gives your followers an idea of what to expect from your videos.
The best part? You don’t need to be a professional designer to create a great Instagram Reels cover. Let’s explore how to change your Instagram Reel covers, some templates to get you started, and how to make your covers look great on your feed.
How to add Instagram Reels cover?
By default, Instagram displays the first frame of your Reel as your cover image. But if you plan to share your Reels on your Instagram profile table, you’ll want to add an eye-catching and video-relevant cover. Plus, something that fits the general mood of your profile.
To choose a cover image for a new Instagram Reel:
1. Tap on . + sign and Select pulley to start creating.
2. Select the video you want to upload or save a new one.
3. Add sounds, effects and filters as you like.
4. When you are ready to add a cover, Edit cover button is shown in the preview of your new Reel.
5. Select the image you want to use as your cover. You can do use an existing inactivity from your reel or choose a custom Instagram Reel cover from your camera roll
6. Tap on Completed When you have finished installing your reel.
To edit the cover photo of an existing Reel:
1. Select the Reel you want to edit from your profile. Next, three points In the upper right corner of the reel and click To organise.
2. Encase The button shown in the preview of your reel.
3. Here you can choose to use an existing photo from your reel or choose a new Instagram reel cover from your camera roll.
4. Tap on Completed Check out the Reel twice and on your Instagram feed.
Be sure try different cover photos Until you find the perfect one for your reel and feed.
How to make Instagram reel cover?
Try creating a custom reel cover photo for Add some personality to your Instagram Reels. Custom Real cover photos show your audience that you’re creative and willing to go the extra mile to make your content stand out.
If you want to design your own Instagram Reel cover, you can use a template. (as we did – found below) or create one from scratch.
Canva is a great option for creating custom Instagram Reel covers. With Canva, you can choose from a variety of templates or create your own design. You can also use tools like Adobe Express, Storyluxe or Easil to create your own Real covers.
If you need help designing your Instagram Reels yourself, check out these handy Reel templates to get started.
When creating a custom Instagram Reel cover, be sure to consider the following:
- Your cover photo represent your brandpersonality and the content of your reel.
- To use bright colors and bold fonts To make your cover photo stand out.
- If you’re using text in your cover photo, legible font and make it large enough to be seen easily.
- Avoid using too much text or complex graphics.
Make sure to use high quality images and videos in your Instagram Real cover photo. Don’t forget, this is the first thing people will see when they meet your ReelSo you want to make a good impression.
Instagram Reels covers sizes and dimensions
All Instagram Reels are displayed in a 9:16 aspect ratio (or 1080px by 1920px). Instagram Real cover photos, on the other hand, will change depending on how they are viewed.
- In your profile grid, Real cover photos will be cropped like this: 1:1
- Your Real cover photo on the main Instagram feed or someone else’s profile 4:5
- In the dedicated Instagram Reels tab, your cover photo will be displayed in full 9:16 am
This means you will need design your cover photo accordinglyNote that it will be cropped differently depending on where it is shown.
The most important thing to remember is that your cover photo must be recognizable and noticeable even if it’s cropped. Make sure the most important elements of your design are: placed in the center of the imagewhere they will not be cut.
If this seems difficult, don’t sweat it. we share some prebuilt templates below To make your Instagram Reels cover stand out.
Free Instagram reel cover templates
Don’t want to start from scratch? We’ve created these handy Reels cover templates to help you design stunning Instagram Reels.
Here’s how to get started:
- Click use template Press the button to copy the templates to your personal Canva account.
- Choose from five professionally designed themes and change your content.
- This much! Download your custom cover and add it to your Reel.
Frequently asked questions about Instagram Reels covers
Can you put a cover on Instagram Reels?
Yes, you can add custom covers to your Instagram Reels or choose to show a still frame from your existing video. The benefit of using a custom Instagram Reel cover is that you can design it to fit your brand. Custom covers also help you create the overall look and feel of your brand on Instagram. creating a harmonious design Your reels covers can bring an added aesthetic edge to your Instagram profile.
The benefit of a still frame is that it gives you direct insight into what your audience can expect from your Reel. Plus, you won’t have to waste time creating a custom cover.
Why did Instagram remove my Real cover?
In some cases, Instagram may remove your Real cover if: violates the platform’s guidelines. This may include the use of copyrighted materials or images that are NSFW.
If your reel cap is removed, you’ll need to upload a new one following Instagram guidelines. If you think the uninstall was faulty, you can also: appeal against the decision using the appeal form.
Do I need a spool cap?
Yes, every Instagram Reel has a Reel cover. If you don’t choose one, Instagram will automatically choose a thumbnail from your video. keep in mind Instagram randomly selects. This means your cover can be a great shot or a not so good shot.
Creating a Reel cover gives you full control over how your video looks in the stream. And since it’s the first thing people see, it’s worth your while to create a Reel cover that accurately reflects the content of your video.
How do I change my Reel cover after publishing?
You can now change your Instagram Real cover photo after posting it. Just go to your Reel, click three points select to edit and Encase button. You will be prompted to select an existing still frame or upload your cover image.
What is the best Instagram reel cover size?
Your Instagram Real cover is a 1:1 aspect ratio on your profile grid and 4:5 on main feed. However, when someone views your Reel in the dedicated Instagram Reels tab, they will see your cover photo. exactly 9:16.
To make your Instagram Real cover look great no matter where it’s viewed, We recommend using a 1080×1920 pixel image and keeping important details within the central 4:5 area.
Moyens I/O helps you plan, build and Schedule your Instagram Reels from a simple control panel. today.