Surfing the Internet is something that many people think is the most fun these days. You can do this on your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. We are so used to using the internet regularly for any number of purposes.
We’ve seen the rise of social networks in the last two decades, and the biggest of these is, of course, Facebook. Some people just can’t live without their daily dose of Facebook.
Therefore, it is extremely important for them to have the fastest and easiest access to their favorite social media network. If you’re one of them, you’ll probably love this one – you can actually set it up to be your homepage in your Google Chrome browser. Read on to find out how.
After downloading and installing Google Chrome on your computer, the next step is always to customize it according to your needs and preferences.
When loaded, Google Chrome doesn’t show the home button, so you need to set it to actually show it and use it to access your preferred page as fast as possible without having to type it in. URL address every time.
This can be done by following a few simple steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer
- You will find three perpendicular dots located at the top right of Google Chrome. Click them.
- You will be greeted with a drop-down menu with lots of options, but you have to go all the way to the bottom, where you will find the second option from the bottom called “Settings”. Click on it.
- Clicking on “Settings” will open a new page where you will find the second white area titled “Appearance”. Here you will find all the necessary settings for your homepage.
- Checking “Show home button” will open the button and you will be able to find the URL addresses for browsing, just in front of the area you entered, just to the left. It’s a small button with a stylized drawing of a house, so you don’t really miss it.
- Just below that you will find more options. If you choose the first one, “New Tab,” you will be greeted with a new tab every time you click the Home button. Since you want the Facebook login to open every time you click the home button, you will need to select the next option which includes a field for you to enter the URL you want to open. Just type it exactly like this: https://en-gb.facebook.com/login/
In the image below is the “View” area where you need to make all the necessary changes in the installation of your Google Chrome browser.
There’s also another quicker way to get to the page you logged into your Facebook profile to. You can set your Google Chrome browser as the page that opens every time you open it.
Once again, to do this you will have to follow a few simple steps that should not take more than a few minutes. Here you go:
- The first 3 steps are the same as above. You want to go to “Settings”.
- In “Settings” you will find a fifth white area titled “On Startup”. As the name suggests, here you will be able to specify what you want Google Chrome to do every time you launch it.
- The first two options are “Open New Tab page” and “Continue where you left off”, which makes Google Chrome open a new blank tab every time you start it, meaning it will open last for you on startup. the page you are on.
- The third option is what you want – “Open a specific page or group of pages”. When selected, it gives you two options. Select “Add new page” and it will ask you to type a link. Since you want the Facebook login page, simply type – https://en-gb.facebook.com/login/.
So these are two ways to set Google Chrome to use Facebook Login as its home page, also as the page that opens when you click the Home button.
word of advice
While you might want these settings to help you access your Facebook account faster, there are a few things you might want to consider before setting up your Google Chrome browser this way.
Are you the only person using your computer? If that’s the case then there’s not much to worry about. However, if someone else uses it, you run the risk of sharing your personal and private data with another person.
In this case, don’t let Google Chrome remember your login credentials. Each time you log in, it prompts you to save your email address and password for easier and faster access, but you may not want to select this option if you are not the only user of this computer.
As you can see, setting the Facebook login as your homepage in the Google Chrome browser is a fairly easy task that can be done in just a few minutes or less. Now go and enjoy your newfound convenience with Facebook login page set as your homepage.