Tiktok app is getting more and more popular with millions of users sharing funny videos on this platform every day.
With so much fun content going by, it can get hard to follow and remember every video you see. That’s why you might want to download the video to a personal archive so you can come back later or watch it with your friends.
If you have an iPhone, you may find it difficult to download the video directly through the app. But don’t worry, there are a few ways you can try. This article will guide you through all of them.
Use ‘Save Video’ Option to Download Videos
The easiest way to download videos directly to your iPhone is with the ‘Save Video’ feature. This option saves the video to the internal storage of the device in a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Tiktok app.
- Find a video you want to save in your feed.
- Tap the ‘Share’ button on the right side of the screen.
- Find and tap the ‘Save Video’ button among the listed options.
- Wait for the video to download.
Later, you can find the downloaded video in your iPhone’s storage. You can find it in the downloads folder in your library or in the Tiktok album of the Gallery app.
You should know that not all videos have the ‘Save Video’ option. Availability of this feature depends on the settings of the user who posted that video. If the user sets his account and his videos to private, the app will not allow you to save that video in your storage.
However, there are several options you can use to bypass this limitation. Learn more about them in the sections below.
Workaround Using Instagram
If you don’t see the ‘Save Video’ option on your Tiktok, you can use Instagram’s feature to download the video to your storage. Since you can post any Tiktok video to your Instagram app and publish it as a story, you can also download it instead.
This process requires that you have a working Instagram account. If you do, it will automatically sync your Tiktkok and you will see Instagram in Tiktok’s list of sharing options. Follow these steps:
- Open the Tiktok app and find the video you want to download.
- Tap the ‘Share’ icon on the right of the screen.
- Select ‘Stories’ from the list. The app will take you to the Instagram story editor.
- Tap the ‘Download’ button at the top of the story screen. You should see the ‘Saved’ notification.
- Exit the screen (unless you want to post the video in your story as well).
You should find the video in the ‘Instagram stories’ album in the ‘Gallery’ app. Alternatively, you can search the downloaded video among the downloaded data in the ‘Files’ app.
Save Video as GIF
Another way to download videos is to convert them to GIF format and save them as images on your device. This method isn’t possible with all videos (especially longer ones), but sometimes it can be a handy and lightweight alternative.
To download a video as a GIF, you must follow these steps:
- Open the video you want to save on your Tiktok app.
- Select the ‘Share’ button.
- Select ‘Share as GIF’.
- Select the app you want to share the GIF as well (Whatsapp, Messenger, Viber, etc.)
- Send the GIF to yourself.
- Long press the GIF in the shared app.
- Select ‘Save’.
The GIF will remain in your iPhone’s internal storage.
Note: If you don’t see the ‘Share as GIF’ option when you tap the ‘Share’ button, it’s not possible to convert that video to a GiF. In this case, you should either go with the Instagram option or use the ‘Third party application’ method from the section below.
Use a Third-Party App
Numerous third-party apps have appeared in recent months that allow you to download videos directly to your device. While some still find these apps a bit unsafe, most of the users use these apps to download Tiktok videos.
For this method to work, you need to get Documents by Readdle from the App Store. You will need this reliable file manager tool to help you download videos. After setting, follow these steps:
- Find the Tiktok video you want to download.
- Select the ‘Share’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Copy Link’ option. You should see the ‘Copied’ warning on the screen.
- Open the Documents app.
- Select the ‘Compass’ button in the lower right corner of the screen. This will open a web browser.
- Type ‘tiktokvideodownload.com’ in the address bar and navigate to the page.
- Paste the copied link into the blank bar on the website.
- Select ‘Download’.
- Scroll down and choose between video format and audio format (MP3).
- Download the video and hit ‘Done’.
- Tap on the ‘Documents’ icon at the bottom left of the app.
- Find the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Long press the downloaded video.
- Select the ‘Move’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Move the video to the desired location (usually it’s best to move it to the photos folder and then find the video later using the ‘Photos’ app).
- Select “Move to Photos”.
Once you’ve done that, you can find your video in the ‘Photos’ app.
Choose What to Download
Although you can find countless funny and funny videos on Tiktok, you should definitely not use them to discredit or mock anyone.
Downloading other users’ videos without their permission, and especially sharing it with other people, can be unethical, illegal, and even get you in legal trouble. On the other hand, it is perfectly safe to store videos for personal entertainment.
Why are you downloading Tiktok videos? Do you ever share yours? Post a comment in the comments section at the bottom of the page and share your thoughts with the community.