Snapchat is a fun iOS and Android app that takes messaging and chatting to a whole new level. You probably already know that you can add all kinds of emoji, stickers, and even gifs to your Snaps. If you’re a regular Snapchat user, you probably use them on a daily basis.
But even some regular users don’t know that they can add animated emoji stickers to their videos. Gifs are also relatively new, and some Snapchat users have yet to catch up with them. This article will explain how to add these animated emoji stickers to your snaps.
What is Snapchat Animated Emoji?
Almost everyone has incorporated emojis into their messaging habits. They help express various emotions and make our texts more colorful and fun. When you send a text without any emoji, the person you’re talking to may assume you’re upset with them or that something went wrong.
Snapchat takes emojis seriously and they have improved the entire emoji experience on their platform. You can add an animated emoji to an object in your video snap and it will follow that object’s movement. This seems like physics related, but it’s not complicated at all.
How to Add Snapchat Animated Emoji to Videos
Needless to say, there’s no snaps without Snapchat. If you don’t have it yet, download it from the official App Store for iOS devices or Google Play Store for Android devices. It’s also a good idea to download the latest updates from the same place as the animated emoji may not work if your Snapchat is old.
Once you have Snapchat installed, you can start adding animated emojis to videos and here’s how:
- Launch Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Hold your finger on the Record button to record a video.
- Find the emoji button at the top of your screen. Choose.
- Select the emoji you want to use in your video and tap on it to add it to your snap.
- Select the emoji and hold your finger inside the video. Paste it into a place, person, or object you’ve saved.
- When you lift your finger, the emoji will stay where you put it. If this shape moves when you play the video, the emoji moves with it.
- You can resize or rescale the emoji by simultaneously pinching with two fingers. Drag to enlarge, pinch to shrink.
- Remember that you can have as many emojis as you want. If you want to add more, go back and repeat the previous steps.
- When you’re done, click the arrow in the corner to send your amazing video with animated emojis to your friends.
Of course, animated emoji cannot be added to picture snapshots, as an animated object needs to work. Everything will make more sense when you experience it first hand.
How to Add Snapchat Animated Stickers to Snaps
Here is another feature for animated stickers on Snapchat. Besides emojis, there are also animated stickers from GIPHY that are easy to add. However, there is a twist, and that’s a good thing.
These GIPHY stickers can be added to both photo and video. As with animated emojis, you can combine them with numerous Snapchat effects. You probably know that GIPHY has a never ending gallery of gifs, so you can unleash your creativity with this feature.
Here’s how to add these gifs and animated stickers developed by Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Quickly tap the record button to take a photo or hold for a video.
- Open the stickers toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Browse the GIPHY gallery and find the animated sticker you like the most. Tapping on it will add it to your snap.
- As with the animated emoji, you can reshape it by pinching it.
- Tap on it and hold to drag and place it where you want.
If you’re shooting a video, the sticker will stick to an object the same way an emoji would. It will then follow it and move alongside it. As before, you can get creative and attach it to someone’s face, hand or any other moving object. For example, if you have a video of your cat playing with a toy, you can replace the toy with a cute sticker of your choice.
Sticker customization options on Snapchat are off the charts. You can add cool animated emojis, stickers and gifs to make your snaps funny. On top of that, you can also add your own customized stickers or bitmoji stickers (Snapchat makes an emoji called bitmoji on your image).
The longer you stay on Snapchat, the better you get at these things. It’s best to solve this on the go and it’s all about having fun. What are your favorite animated Snapchat emojis and stickers? Share some recordings in the comments below.