It is not uncommon for social media companies to try to compete and often copy innovations. Regardless, there’s something unique about each one, especially when talking about demographics.
Spontaneous people and those who live in the moment love Snapchat. Stickers, lenses, filters and music make Snaps and Stories so much more fun. But can you add music to a pre-recorded video and make it more interesting? Yes you can. But you will need some help.
Add Music to Snapchat on Android Phone
If the video you want to share on Snapchat Story seems to be missing music, don’t worry because you can fix it. If you are an Android user, you can download an app called VidTrim from the Play Store and use it to add music to your video. After installing it on your phone, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the VidTrim app and select the video you want to enhance with music.
- Press “Get Access” to allow VidTrim to view and edit your videos. You will see a list of all the videos in your Camera Roll.
- Select the video you want.
- Select the “Transcode” option. You can choose to change the size and quality of your video.
- Uncheck the box next to “Retain original audio”. This action will remove all sound.
- Select “External Audio”. This way, you can access the music stored on your phone.
- Select the music and then select the Transcode icon on the screen.
- Select “Play” to control how the video and audio mix.
- Select back arrow. Go to Gallery and share the video.
The VidTrim app lets you add music to your videos, but it also lets you trim, merge, and save videos as MP3s. It also lets you do other fun and useful types of editing.
Add Music to Snapchat on iPhone
What about all iPhone users who want to send music-filled Snapchat videos to their friends? Similar to Android users, iPhone owners will need some help from a third-party app.
iPhone users can search for iMovie in the App Store. The app has been around for a long time and has proven to be very useful and practical. Here’s how to add music to a video from your iPhone storage:
- Open iMovie and start a new video project.
- Tap “+” and then select “Audio” then “My Music”.
- Select a song from the list and then press the “+” button.
- You will see the available music files on the green line on the edit screen. Select the song you want to add.
- When you have added the file, select “Done”.
Unfortunately, you cannot use Spotify or YouTube to add music via iMovie. But there is a workaround for this. Before adding the song to an iMovie project, you must download it to your device.
However, you can also add sound effects in iMovie. The right combination of sound effects can serve as the ideal background sound for a Snapchat Story. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start a new project in iMovie.
- Select “Edit” and then swipe the video you want to edit. Place the vertical white line where you want to add the sound effect.
- Select “+”, then “Sound”, then “Sound Effects”.
- Try a few sound effects and tap the “+” button when you find the one you like. iMovie will add the sound effect to your video.
- When you’re happy with how it turned out, select “Done”.
Uploading Recorded Videos to Snapchat
Video editing apps for Android and iOS smartphones are a great way to up your Snapchat game. They are easy to use and intuitive. Both allow you to record the video with the audio attached to your phone and then upload it to Snapchat. A great way to do this is to use the “Memories” feature. Follow these steps:
- Launch Snapchat on your phone.
- Select the picture icon on the screen.
- Select “Camera Roll” and find the video you made for Snapchat.
- Select the three-dot icon and then select “Send Photo” to upload.
Adding Music to Snapchat During Recording
Snapchat tries to welcome its users as much as possible. A recent Snapchat update allowed users to add music to their videos while recording them. That was the missing piece, according to many Snapchat users who pressured the company to hand it over. It makes the whole process of adding audio to your snaps much simpler. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Spotify, Pandora or another music app on your phone. Make sure the volume is not too low or too loud.
- Now open Snapchat and start recording your video message.
- Pause the music and check how the Snap video comes out.
If everything is as you imagined, send the video to your friends or post it to a Story.
Music Makes Everything Better
Most people can relate to this expression. It is undoubtedly true for Snapchat and other social media platforms. And the combination of audio and video opens up a lot of room for creativity.
Let us know what you think about adding music to Snapchat in the comments section below.