Instagram is the best app for photo sharing in our opinion. It’s great to use on your phone, but sometimes it’s nice to be able to see pictures on a larger screen or post without using a small keyboard. Or maybe you just want to be able to use Instagram without being tied to your smartphone.
Have you ever wished you could access it from your computer and not have to rely on your mobile device to use it? Well, we’ve got an ace and we’re going to tell you how to get Instagram and use it from your computer. Stay with us; We’ll show you the ropes.
Instagram on the web
The first way to access Instagram from a computer is to go to their website. Once you’re on Instagram.com, you can log in as long as you already have an account. Otherwise what are you waiting for? Become a member.
You can view your Instagram photos, Instagram feed, edit your bio, change your profile picture, and check the comments or likes others have given you for the pictures you post. You will also be able to like and leave comments on other Instagram accounts you follow. You can also search to find accounts to follow or find something specific. That’s all you can do from the Instagram website. However, you cannot take and post photos from your computer.
So although you can do some things on the Instagram website, you can’t do as much as you can on the mobile version of Instagram. If you’re more of an Instagram follower versus someone who takes pictures and makes posters, that’s fine anyway. It covers at least the basics.
Using the Full Version of Instagram on Your Computer
Let’s move on to how to get full access to use Instagram from your computer; You need to download Andy, an Android emulator, and have a Google account. You can download Andy from http://www.andyroid.net/. This can be your new best friend on your PC, as it gives you full access not only to Instagram but also to unlimited Android apps.
- Download and install Android emulator Andy on your PC. We are using Windows 10 for our screenshots.
- Once Andy is downloaded, double-click the file to install it on your computer. You will see the progress of the installation on your PC screen.
- After the installation process is complete, open the Andy application by double-clicking the “Start Andy” icon on your desktop.
- Next, you will see a series of screens that introduce you to the Android emulator Andy.
- Now, that Google account information should be ready to use. You will click on “Google Play Store”.
- You will then be prompted to sign in to your existing Google account or create one if you haven’t already. Accept the sign-in procedures and terms of Google Play and the like. Then, after all this is taken care of, you should be on the Google Play Store.
- Type “Instagram” in the search bar at the top of the Google Play Store. The app should appear first in your search results; Click on it.
- You will now be on the page to install the Instagram app. Click the green “Install” button.
- The installation process will be displayed on your desktop screen within Andy.
- When Instagram is installed, it will appear on your mobile device just like the Instagram app does. Open and take a tour.
- Once you’re signed in to Instagram, you’ll see your Instagram feed just like you would from an Android device or phone.
- Now the best part is you can take a photo or video directly from your computer with your webcam. Add #hashtags and captions if you wish, upload your photo directly from your computer, and—bam!—download Instagram to your computer. Pretty sweet!
It’s a package! The Instagram app can be accessed from the website with limited functionality or by installing the Android emulator Andy. Enjoy using Instagram from the comfort of your desktop or laptop computer.