Too often, creators believe they need to reinvent the wheel to increase blog traffic and increase conversions. Fortunately, you can increase your website engagement in a much simpler way by integrating widgets into your pages.
In this post, you’ll learn more about the different types of widgets, including search forms, and their benefits for blog promotion, and get step-by-step instructions on how to create and install a widget on your blog.
What Are Widgets and Why Integrating Them Is A Good Decision?
Widgets are essentially interactive tools that partners can embed on their websites to increase reader interest in content. Unlike links, widgets often contain images and allow users to retrieve relevant search results directly on the page they are visiting.
How can widgets be useful for creators? Widgets include a partner ID; This means that all bookings made by your readers will be attributed to you, resulting in a nice commission.
What is a Flight Search Form?
One of the most popular types of widgets for travel blogs is the flight search form. This widget allows users to specify desired flight dates, destination, flight class, etc. allows searching for airline tickets on the blog page by setting the correct parameters.
To reflect the user experience, enter the cities of departure and arrival in the widget below of WayAway, select the date and number of passengers and click the “Search” button. After this process, you will be redirected to the search results on the WayAway website.
Widgets are one of the most popular partner tools for many partner programs. In most cases, you can customize the widget to match your audience’s interests and blog design, making it more appealing.
Other Popular Widget Types
Depending on your website’s niche and target audience, you may want to integrate other widgets.
This widget collects a brand’s current offers and presents them as a calendar. Thus, users can compare prices for several dates or months and book a travel service at the best price (for example, with WayAway widgets).
Popular Routes Widget (To and From)
Another very popular type of widget is the “popular routes” widget, which can show “outbound” or “inbound” destinations. You can choose the exact widget type depending on your page content. For example, if you are writing about a specific destination, it makes sense to add the “popular routes (to)” widget so that readers from different countries can check where it is more convenient to fly to their desired destination.
Alternatively, the “popular routes (here)” widget allows readers to search for affordable tickets around the world from the same place. This can be a great idea when promoting the best destinations to visit to your audience because they can conveniently choose their next travel destination and save money at the same time.
Why Should You Use Widgets on Your Website?
Let’s explore in more detail the advantages of integrating a flight search form and other types of widgets on your website. Widgets can help you:
- Increase conversions. Widgets average around 40% conversion rate, which is a great indicator and can be a good addition to partner links.
- customize offer. Widgets allow you to display relevant information based on your post and personalize your users’ experience, rather than adding a bunch of irrelevant links to a page in hopes of targeting a wider audience. This will make your content more compelling and encourage readers to check out the offer, as all they have to do is click on the widget.
- Improve website engagement. The modern widgets are attractive and easy to interact with. If you put them in relevant context and tailor them to your website design and the needs of your target audience, users are likely to be willing to play with it. While increasing conversions, it will increase the time they spend on your website and your ranking in search engines.
- Create a professional look for your website. Created by professionals, Moyens I/O widgets are easy to use and integrate, and require no coding skills. Moreover, they look sophisticated and enhance the user experience on the page. This means taking your website to the next level in just a few clicks!
Do you feel motivated enough to try a widget on your website? Setting up a widget is very easy and can be done in minutes, but it will increase conversions for you over the years.
Creating Flight Search Form and Other Widgets in 3 Steps
You can now easily and quickly create such tools thanks to the built-in widget builder on the Moyens I/O partnership platform. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Stage 1. Join the Moyens I/O affiliate platform.
Step 2. Browse partner programs and join programs that you believe best fit your website and your target audience’s interests. Connect to the program to see the tools it offers. For example, you can find a flight search form on WayAway, Omio, Trip.com, Kiwi.com, and other partner programs.
Stage 3. Go to the “Tools” section of the respective partner program and select the widget. Now you can customize it however you want. Customization opportunities differ for each widget.
For example, with the WayAway search form widget, you can choose the language (English or Spanish), colors to match your blog design, and the ability to pre-populate the destination or starting point depending on the user’s geographic location. You can also add your referral link to the widget. All changes made to the widget are shown in the right part of the customization window.
Language, currency, ability to remove brand logos etc for some partner programs. You can also select other parameters such as
As you can see, setting up a widget is easy and only takes a few minutes. Try to integrate the WayAway widget into your website now by joining the WayAway Affiliate Program.
Per WayAway Plus sale
WayAway Partner Program
How to Add a Widget to Your Website?
You can easily integrate the flight search form into your WordPress blog. If you are using this content management system, this section is for you.
Stage 1. In Moyens I/O, go to the “Tools” section, select and customize the relevant widget and copy its code by clicking the “Copy Code” button at the bottom of the widget.
Step 2. Paste the code into your WordPress blog.
Stage 3. Start driving traffic to your blog page with the widget to convert.
4 Tips on How to Use Search Forms to Increase Your Revenue
- Pre-populate the widgets. In most cases it makes sense to prepopulate the widgets, so all users have to do is click the button to continue with the search results. For example, if you write a post about the best hotels in a particular destination and provide a widget to your text, be sure to fill in the destination to make it easier for users.
- Add widgets to the right posts. Analyze your content and identify which articles attract high-intent users. These are not only posts with the highest pageviews, but also posts that readers are more likely to book. For example, your homepage might get the most visits, but it’s not the best place to place a widget, so be smart.
- Combine widgets with common links. While widgets may actually provide higher conversion rates, some users may still view them as advertisements and avoid them. That’s why it’s a great idea to include affiliate links in your content.
- Experiment. You’ll have to try a few options and monitor your analytics to find the best widget placement. You can try pre-populating the widgets and combining them with other common tools or widgets. Eventually, you will understand what works best for your target audience.
Ready to test how efficient widgets can be on your website? The best way is to enter the Moyens I/O Widget Challenge, which will teach you how to install widgets, select pages, and combine widgets with other partner tools to achieve maximum results. You will also have the chance to complete practice tasks to improve your skills and get a chance to win a special prize. The challenge has already started, but you can still participate!