After waiting nearly two months since it was announced at the end of October, the massive December Clash of Clans update is finally here. Many changes are coming, with Town Hall 11 for higher players, a 3rd hero, and lots of minor tweaks that all players should know exactly what to expect.
On October 24, Supercell, the developers behind one of the most popular mobile games ever released, announced some big changes to their hit game Clash of Clans. Update came last night, and users are most likely logging in and seeing big gold and elixir losses, a bigger base order and other stuff. Below we’ll go over all the modifications to an easy-to-understand mansion.
At this point, most Clash of Clans players should know what’s new if they follow the game on Twitter or Facebook or follow sneak peeks on official forums. For those who don’t, read on for all the details.
Today Clash of Clans received what they call the biggest update ever. And while many won’t notice much of a change visually, there are many things that are different behind the scenes. Town Hall 9 players automatically receive freeze spells from donating spells to their clanmates, and there’s a new Town Hall 11.
However, Town Hall 11 doesn’t matter to most players who haven’t progressed that far, and other new features or shield changes that players should be aware of. The most important aspect of the update has to do with City Hall. While important, the game never made a big deal. As a result, players did not protect the Town Hall, they left it outside the walls and used it as an easy or cheap way to be attacked, get Shields, protect their money, and accumulate gold and elixirs for upgrades. This is no longer possible.
Destroying Town Halls no longer grants you a shield. This is the most important thing to know. Second, Town Hall now shares gold, elixir, and dark elixir with all other storage units and holds 1/4 of a player’s money. So if destroyed, you could lose hundreds of thousands of each.
Above is a small example of how the money is distributed, so keep that in mind as you go. Users will need to protect the Town Hall more than ever since it doesn’t give them a shield and holds the loot. However, if an attacker uses at least 1/3 of his army, takes your Town Hall, and deals 30% damage, a 12-hour shield is granted. So you can still get a shield from losing the Town Hall, but the attacker will have to put in more effort.
The other change is the shields, and as we said above, players can’t get them that easily. As a result, you won’t lose them that easily either. We can now attack through a shield without losing it, but it takes 3 hours from the Shield. The second attack lasts four hours, then five if any.
With all that said, here’s the full list of in-game tweaks and the full list of changes for those interested in everything new in the December Town Hall 11 Clash of Clans update.
One of the Biggest Clash Updates Ever!
• Town Hall 11 takes the stage! BOOM!
• Grand Warden & Eagle Artillery: The most powerful and strategic additions ever!
• New troop levels, defense levels and Clan Magic donation
• Attack via the Shield whenever you want, but make sure to protect your Town Hall!
• Protect your gaming sessions when the shield drops and never be attacked off guard again
• Goblins chasing Town Halls, bigger League Bonuses and Trophies offers, and much more!
Open Until TH11!
• Experience the biggest, worst, most challenging Town Hall level ever: Town Hall 11!
• The new Town Hall 11 hero, the Grand Warden, can make armies virtually unstoppable!
• New Town Hall 11 defense, Eagle Artillery, offers awe-inspiring destruction from afar
• More defenses including an extra Cannon, Archer Tower, Mage Tower and X-Bow!
• New Town Hall 11 levels for Minion, Witch, Mage Tower and more!
Grand Warden: Your Army’s Newest Hero
• Use powerful new battlefield tactics by strengthening and protecting your troops
• The Great Guard empowers all nearby troops and can make them temporarily invincible!
• Jumps, flies – adapt the Great Guard to any strategy and let your army shine
Eagle Artillery: Sleeping Sentinel
• This massive, long-range weapon destroys hordes of ill-prepared strikes
• Explosive shells maul strong troops and wear out others near explosions
• Eagle Artillery only kicks in after a large number of troops have been deployed, leaving the door open to tactical attacks and multi-stage cunning attacks!
Do Spell Shuffle
• Starting at Clan Castle level 4, request reinforcement spells, not just troops
• Donated spells receive all available Clan Perks perks
• The Ice Cream Spell is now unlocked in Town Hall 9 and has a slightly longer duration at lower levels
Shields – Resilient and Fair Defense
• Town Hall demolition no longer grants a Shield – bring your Town Hall inside!
• You can attack with the shield at any time for a small Shield reduction
• Get the shield at 30% destruction, more at 60%, but only when a large army attacks
Guardian – Play Safe from Attackers
• Guard protects you from attacks and allows you to attack others as much as you want
• Get free Guardians when shields expire and play freely without worrying about being hacked
• Higher Leagues provide more free Protection – Titan I and Legend players get 100% coverage!
• 2 hours extra Guard available in the shop every day
Richer Raid: Loot and Trophies
• Town Halls now have lots of available loot – destroy them in battle for a big payout!
• League Bonuses are bigger than ever, but scale with your destruction percentage
• As your league rises, the trophy bids get bigger and the trophy losses decrease!
• Battle time limit increased by 30 seconds
• Goblins now target Town Hall and Clan Castle for 2x damage
• Greatly reduced rearmament costs for all traps
• The reload costs of X-Bows have been greatly reduced
• Large amounts of Healers now have reduced effectiveness in the same unit
• Army buffs reduced to 5 gems for 1 hour buff
• The cost of finding a match and ‘Next’ has been reduced for TH10
• Clan War Preparation Day reduced to 23 hours
• Troop warfare and wayfinding AI improved and tightened
• Slightly increased percentage of available loot at Town Hall 6-10 levels
• Villages below a Town Hall level are now worth slightly less loot
• Game area and troop deployment area expanded (remote obstacles moved automatically)
Other Balancing and Improvements
• Added two new achievements: Anti-Artillery and Sharing Cares
• The Troop/Spell donation interface has been revamped and now shows available donations
• Troops in the Barracks can now be queued up similar to the Spell Factory
• Clan War button is now animated when a war attack starts
• Active Shield or Protection can now be turned off manually by tapping the icon
• You can now stay offline a little longer before you become vulnerable
• Plays a special sound when finding a multiplayer target after 10 seconds of searching
• Plays a special sound when the multiplayer target is not found and the search is cancelled.
• Personal Break online time limit reduced to 3 hours
• Personal Timeout limit is now extended instead of reset in some cases
• Multiplayer matchmaking is less likely to bid on opponents below your Town Hall level (below Champion League only)
It’s a pretty big changelog with more changes at once than we’ve seen in Clash of Clans history. For those without a TH10 looking to upgrade though, the biggest changes are the Town Hall, shield and loot changes.
It’s now 70% cheaper to re-arm all traps, x-bows or hell towers, because we’ll be attacked more, that’s good news. However, we haven’t seen nearly as many upgraded troops as expected, no new black troops or new spells, and heroes still unavailable for Battle during upgrades. Everything many expect to see when this update arrives.
All of these changes are relatively minor during in-game gameplay, although reading this massive list may seem game-changing. It’s still the same Clash we know and love, players will just have to work harder and attack or defend as the game was originally intended. Instead of hiding behind cheap walls, cheat with bots that are always on and Town Hall make your way to higher leagues where they don’t belong.
We’ll be sharing additional details soon, addressing some of the biggest issues for players since the update (like missing Dark Elixir or not being able to upgrade to freeze spells), and other things.
In closing, we can expect at least 1-2 quick updates over the next 2-3 weeks to further improve the update or fix the issues, snowfall winter theme and other stuff. This is the first major update in a while and there will likely be a few issues plaguing users. Comment below what you think about the upgrade, issues you’re seeing, and more. Stay tuned for more details.