Despite its shortcomings, Windows 10 is a very powerful and versatile desktop operating system. Recently, Microsoft added Eco mode to Windows 10 to keep battery life in check. Similarly, unlike Windows 7, you no longer have to manually update drivers in Windows 10, which is a huge relief. There are many good reasons for a user to upgrade to Windows 10. So, if you are using Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade your computer to Windows 10. Other than that, you can: Learn how to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to update Windows 10 to the latest version without waiting. Not to mention, you can also use this tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive. On that note, let’s dive right in.
Description: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (2021)
In this article, we’ve highlighted how to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade old computers or switch to a brand new Windows 10 build like the recently launched Windows 10 21H1 update. If you have no idea about this nifty Windows installer, we’ve also included a little explainer.
What is Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is an official utility from Microsoft to update the Windows operating system to the latest Windows 10 build. The tool is not limited to Windows 10 users, but Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users can also upgrade to Windows 10 if they have a real license. And if you are already using Windows 10, this tool allows you to install the latest build.
For example, Windows 10 21H1 (May 2021) update has just been released but you cannot get it from Windows Settings at this time. Initially, the update is only available to a small number of users. So if you want to try, you should manually install the update Using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. The best part is that it doesn’t touch any of your files and installs the latest version without any issues.
Apart from that, this tool also allows you to: create installation media. You can create a Windows 10 bootable USB drive directly from the application without downloading the ISO file separately. Depending on the architecture and Windows version, it will automatically detect the correct configuration and allow you to create a bootable USB flash drive. If you want, you can also download the latest ISO image of Windows 10 using this tool.
How to Use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
If you’re looking for a guide on how to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, you’ve come to the right place. In this tutorial, we first explained how to upgrade your current Windows 10 build with this tool and then the steps to create an installation media (or bootable USB drive).
Upgrade your PC with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
1. First of all, click this link To download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. After that, install the tool. Even Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users can download this tool to upgrade to Windows 10.
2. Then run the program and click “Upgrade this PC nowIf you want to update to the latest Windows 10 build.
3. Tool on the next page Start downloading Windows 10. You can minimize the window as it will take a significant amount of time depending on your internet connection.
4. After the download is complete, the tool will verify all settings and configurations. Once the verification is done, it will give you an option to choose whether you want it or not. keep your files or clean install windows 10. I recommend keeping your files as is. But if you want a clean install, click “Change what to keep” to select the files you want to remove.
5. Now, PC will reboot, and the installation of the latest Windows 10 build will start immediately. This much. It’s that easy to use the Media Creation Tool.
Create Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive
1. You can also create a Windows 10 bootable USB drive with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Just run the tool and select “Create Installation Environment”. After that, click the “Next” button.
2. On the next page, Pre-select your PC’s configuration. If you want to change it, uncheck “Use the recommended options for this computer” and make the necessary changes. After that, click the “Next” button.
3. Here, “USB flash drive” Select the option and click “Next” again. Choose the second option if you want to download the ISO file.
4. Now, insert the USB drive (with at least 16GB of free space) and the tool will detect it. if it doesn’t show, remove and reinsert your pen drive. Click the “Next” button when you see it listed under “Removable drives”.
5. Finally, it will start downloading. Latest copy of Windows 10 and then create the Windows 10 bootable USB. You don’t need to do anything now.
6. After the flashing is complete, remove the USB drive. Now you can use this install windows 10 on any computer.
Install Windows 10 Media Creation Tool on Your PC
So, you can use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to keep your computer up to date. In general, I do not use this tool except when I need to download the latest build on a computer that has not received the update. You can also use Rufus or its alternatives to quickly flash the ISO image. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you’re updating to the latest build of Windows 10 due to slow performance, check out our article on how to speed up Windows 10 and improve your computer’s performance. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.