After the Windows 10 May 2020 update, Microsoft made many changes that did not go well for many users. Changed the way the Alt+Tab switcher works and the appearance and size of tasks in the overview menu. That’s why we recently wrote a guide for restoring the old Alt+Tab switcher. Now there’s a new problem: Meet Now has been permanently added to the Taskbar – something that even people don’t want. So, if you want to uninstall Meet Now from Windows 10, follow our guide below.
Permanently Uninstall Meet Now from Windows 10 (2021)
1. We will use the Group Policy Editor to permanently remove Meet from Windows 10. Unfortunately, Group Policy Editor is not currently available Windows 10 Home, but there is a workaround to enable it. So go ahead and enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Home. If you’re using Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or any other edition, just go to the next step.
2. After doing this press Windows and press “gpedit“. Now, click on “Edit group policy”.
3. Here, under the User Configuration section, navigate to: Management templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar.
4. Now scroll down and click “Remove the Meet Now icon“.
5. Finally, double click on it and “activated“. After that, click the “OK” button.
6. Now, restart the computerand Meet Now will be removed from Windows 10. That’s it.
7. If you wish enable it then follow the steps above and select “Not Configured” in step 5. You’re done.
How to Disable Meet Now in Windows 10
So that was our short guide on how to disable Meet Now from the Taskbar area in Windows 10. You will no longer be bothered by Meet Now on any account on PC. This also means that your computer will respond after each reboot, reducing the startup time. To find more such ways, you can check out our guide on how to speed up Windows 10. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you run into any issues, let us know in the comment section below.