We know that Google Chrome is one of the best browsers available on Windows 10, with features like Extensions and Advanced Safe Browsing that make the web experience truly safe and productive. However, we often run into annoying issues like SSL Certificate error in Chrome. “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” does not disappear even after reinstalling Chrome. So if you are facing the same issue, don’t worry. Here are some easy steps to fix SSL Certificate error in Google Chrome.
Fix SSL Certificate Error in Google Chrome (2021)
1. If you are getting an SSL Certificate error in Google Chrome, it is likely that the time and date on your computer are set incorrectly. You just need to fix it and the error will be resolved. So just search for “time” enter the search bar and press enter.
2. Here, “Set time automatically” and change the time zone according to your current region. This much. For most users, this should fix the SSL Certificate issue in Chrome.
3. If the above step did not resolve the issue, follow the steps below. Call “Internet options” in the search bar and open the top result.
4. Here go to the “Content” tab and select “Clear SSL Status“. After that, click “Apply”.
5. You can also lower the security level and check if the issue is resolved. Go to the “Security” tab and set the security level to “Middle“. Now, click “Apply” and “OK”. Finally, open Chrome and check if the SSL Certificate error is resolved.
6. If the problem persists, try updating Chrome to the latest version. Open Chrome and click on the 3-dot menu -> Settings -> About -> Check for updates. Restart Chrome after the update and probably this time “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” should be gone.
7. Finally, you can try this step which should fix the problem for most users. Right click on Chrome and open “Properties”. Here, Under the “Target” fieldAdd
--ignore-certificate-errors finally. Now click “OK” and check if the SSL Certificate error is fixed.
Find All Solutions to SSL Certificate Error in Chrome
So these are the steps that should fix the “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” issue. When you encounter this issue, be sure to check other browsers as well. If you encounter the same error everywhere, you need to fix your system managing all browsers. Other than that, for a secure experience on the web, I recommend you improve Google Chrome security. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you are still facing the same issue, comment below and let us know.