If you are not satisfied with the default ringtones that come with iPhone 4S, you can add them to your collection. This guide will help you create your own iPhone ringtones and alerts for free.
Apple makes it easy to buy a collection of ringtones and alerts, but if you prefer to make your own ringtones and text alerts from movie clips and music, you can easily do so.
We will assume that you have iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5 installed on your computer and iPhone. These new ringtones can be set to alert you to new calls, texts and other iPhone sounds.
How to Create Custom Ringtones and Alerts for iPhone
Find the song or audio clip you want to use. This must be a DRM-free file. You can use DRM-free songs you buy from iTunes, movie clips you find online, and even ones you create with your voice.
2. Find your song, in this example “santascoming”
3. Right click on it and click
4, click on
5. Set the time of your clip. It could be a clip.
7. Right-click on your song and select . This creates a shortened version of the clip.
8. Right-click and select the new ACC file.
9. Download the File to Your Desktop
10. change file extension
11. When prompted, click
12. Remove your converted ACC file from iTunes. ()
13. and iTunes will add it as ringtone.
14. And make sure to sync Ringtones in your iPhone Sync settings.
15. Assign the ringtone or alert on your iPhone partition.
Enjoy your new alerts. Make sure to keep your text alerts short and sweet or you’ll find yourself back in a few days. Even the 9 second clip I created is long for a text alert.
If you’re using a Mac, you can also create free iPhone ringtones and alerts in Garageband.