Have you felt envious when you saw music stickers on an Instagram Story but couldn’t listen to what someone shared? Or are you disappointed when you see the error ‘Instagram Music is not available in your region’? You can put your worries behind you as the much anticipated Instagram Music feature is finally available in India.
yes you can finally Add music stickers to your Instagram Stories and share them with the world. Instagram added the ability to add music to your Story in June this year, but that was limited to a select few countries. The feature went live in India today, allowing users to add official music tracks to their Stories from a library of popular songs both regionally and internationally.
The Instagram Music feature is divided into three sections: popular, moods, and genres. When choosing a track for your Instagram Story, you can go to a song that’s been played over the top of the popular episode or search for the perfect track based on the Story’s content.
The “Mood” section contains 10 different moods such as romantic, cheerful, soft, love songs and much more. It’s the same with the “genres” section, which lets you choose from Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Hip Hop, Rock, Pop and much more. Now that you have this feature, here is how music stickers are used in Instagram Stories:
How to Use Instagram Music in Stories
note: I tried this feature on Instagram build #188.8.131.52.93 on my Nokia 7 Plus running version #111.0 on my iPhone XR running Android 9 Pie and iOS 13 beta.
1. Open Instagram and swipe left from the feed to open the camera UI. You can do Use Instagram Music in two ways – either select the “Music” camera mode from the UI or click on an image and place an Instagram Music sticker or lyrics above the Story.
2. First, let’s talk about the “Music” camera mode. When you switch to it, you will be asked to choose a song firstfollowed by video effects such as Glitch, Pulse, Vintage, VCR and Glow.
3. Then you can take a picture or record a video that the Music tag appears on your Instagram Story and track you choose to play in the background. Great, isn’t it?
4. Let’s move on, here is how you can add Instagram Music sticker or view lyrics in Story. Take a photo or record a video. Swipe up from the bottom and select the new ‘music’ sticker option.
5. Now you will need to choose a track that you like (let’s say Bad Guy by Billie Eilish). Then you will see options to set the timestamp you want to start playing the song along with the lyrics in different fonts and sticker styles.
6. After following any of the 2 methods mentioned above and creating an Instagram Story with music in it, all that remains is to share it with followers. Users viewing your story can listen to the track and see a sticker for it.
7. In an Instagram Story, users can: tap the Music tag to play a 1-minute portion of the track, check the profile of the artist and add the sticker to your story. Yes, it’s a really useful feature for users like me who love to share songs (previously via Spotify) to their Stories.
SEE ALSO – How to Repost on Instagram: Multiple Methods Explained
Instagram Stories are one of the most popular ways to share your personal life with others on a daily basis, and music is an important part of it. So, if you’re like me, you’ve been waiting for the Instagram Music feature, and now that it’s finally live, it’s time to annoy your followers with some great music. Go on!