If you’re a video creator on TikTok, your comments section can be really frustrating, especially if someone leaves a comment that completely misinterprets what you said (to say the least). You can send a text reply or create another video, but according to TikTok, now you have a third option: You can reply to your comments using video instead of text.
(Note: We haven’t been able to test it yet, as this is something special for creators who want to video-reply to comments. We’ll let you know if/when we do.)
To add a video to your comment on one of your existing TikTok videos:
- Tap the comment you want to reply to.
- If you are able to respond using a video, you will see a video camera icon on the left side of the field. Tap that icon. You can also press and hold the comment you want to reply to.
- Record your video as usual.
- If you wish, you can get the comment your video responds to as attached to that video. This allows anyone who watches your video individually to see what you’re replying to.
- Post the video as usual.
- Your video will appear both in the comments section (of the video you comment on) and on your own page.
Understood? if not, TikTok has video showing how it works:
Would you like to reply to a comment with a video? Now you can! Now available for all users!