Have you ever played a game on your PS4 and suddenly accomplished something awesome but your friends weren’t there to witness it and you wondered how awesome it would be if you could share it with them? ? Fortunately, PlayStation Store has a solution for you. Sony offers its users the ability to edit game footage with the help of a powerful but free tool. SHAREfactory. While the tool is pretty solid, many users are not aware of how to get the most out of it. Therefore, today we bring you our guide. How to use SHAREfactory on your PS4:
Record Your Gameplay Video
The first thing you need to do to use the SHAREfactory application is to save your game, which you can edit later. To start your recording, open the game you want to record and Double-press the SHARE button on your DualShock 4 Controller until you see the record icon in the top left. Save until you want and then SHARE button to stop recording and save the game To your System Repository.
Start a New Project on SHAREfactory
Open the SHAREfactory app after you finish recording. The next step is to start a new project that we will be working on. You can use videos from gallery or even multiple screenshots. Just click on it to continue. “New project” tab. You will then be presented with a screen showing multiple themes to get started. select theme Your choice. You will then be asked to give your project a name. Note that you can only use any name up to 24 characters.
Edit Gameplay in SHAREfactory
It will now be available to you Timeline for your project. Now you can add multiple effects with the help of SHAREfactory. Simply press SQUARE button On your Dualshock 4 Controller change select video clips and X button with Add Item to your timeline. You can now make various changes to your video clips, some of which are discussed below:
Change Video Playback Speed
You can use SHAREfactory to change the playback speed of the clip you want to edit. You can do it too play the video faster or slowerand you can do this by skipping or combining squares. To do this, follow the steps given below:
1. press key SQUARE button on your controller to reveal replacement options for your clip. After that, choose “Time Bender” choice.
In the 2nd row, you will be greeted with a screen to change the Playback Speed. 1/8 to 8x. You will also have the option to choose the effect you want to use to change the speed – Step or Smooth.
3. After finalizing your preferred options, X button to continue and apply the changes.
It’s great to share your gameplay footage, but wouldn’t it be great if you could add your comment as well? This is something SHAREfactory allows its users to do with ease. You can do this by following the steps below:
note: To do this, first make sure you have a microphone connected to the PS4 (you may have an external microphone or a headset).
1. To begin with, go to the timeline view in SHAREfactory and press the X button Select on your DualShock 4 Controller and “Add Track 2”. Then, using touchpad on your remote, search timeline up to the point where you want your voiceover to begin.
2. After ending the position, X button on your controller to continue. You will have options to Record Video, Record Audio or Add Clip. choose “Sound recording” for making simple voiceovers. You can also select Record Video to add video commentary, but it requires a PS4 Camera to connect to PS4. After choosing your option, a countdown timer will appear on your screen and then your recording will begin. When the recording screen appears, start your comment next to the video that will be displayed on the left side of the screen. When you’re done with the comment, just X button on your controller stop saving press or O button To cancel registration and start over
3. That’s it. When you’re done, you’ll be greeted with a timeline view with a yellow track line below the blue track line. this the blue track line represents your original clip and yellow track line represents vocalization (track 2). just press O button your controller save your changes and return to the main timeline screen to add or further modify your clip.
Other Arrangements You Can Make
You can use the SHAREfactory app to further modify clips by splitting, trimming, moving them in the timeline, deleting or adding clips, panning and zooming various clips, editing any overlay, and adjusting clip volume by name. a few. You can also add various audio tracks, images, overlays, filters, and transitions for clips on your timeline.
Exporting Your Video
When you have completed all the edits on your video, directly share video online by pressing the button TRIANGLE button on your DualShock 4 Controller or OPTIONS button to save the video to your System Storage. The video will be created based on your choice and then you can continue to share it online or it will be saved in your system storage.
See Also: How to Increase Download Speed on PS4
Use SHAREfactory to Edit and Share Gameplay Videos on PS4
Everyone loves to show their games to the world and especially to their playmates. After all, “Whatever you do in this life is not legendary unless your friends are there to see it”. Sharing a customized video will always be better than sharing a simple RAW image of your game, and SHAREfactory is proving to be a simple yet powerful tool for users to achieve this. So, try the SHAREfactory app on your PS4, PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro and share your experiences and (if any) questions with us in the comments section below.