This guide will show you how to use Instagram Face Filters in your Instagram Story. This enhances your selfies by putting a filter over your face and can include other overlay effects.
You can only use Instagram Face Filters in your Instagram Story, but you can save them and then upload them to Instagram or even Facebook.
Instagram Face Filters works on iPhone and Android. You need to install the latest Instagram update on your phone. This arrived on May 15, and the new feature is available to everyone today.
How to Use Instagram Face Filters
You already know about Face Filters that can elevate your selfies. Snapchat Lenses offer a similar option that many people use. Instagram Face Filters look very similar, but you enable them in a different way.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap the camera in the upper left corner or swipe from left to right.
- Tap the Face icon in the lower right corner.
- Tap one of the faces at the bottom of the screen.
- You can swipe left or right to see more faces.
- Raise your eyebrows or open your mouth to activate the features.
- Press the shutter button to take a photo or hold it to take a video.
- You can use the top right buttons to add stickers, draw or add text.
- Tap the Save button to save the photo to your camera roll or the plus icon to add it to your story. Arrow sends the photo to a specific person or to your story.
This works with the front and rear facing cameras on your phone. You don’t need to tap the screen to highlight a face or activate the feature. There are currently eight Instagram Face Filters and more to come.
After you save a photo to your camera roll, you can upload it to Instagram just like any regular photo you take.