Instagram’s mobile web app was recently launched by the company, which allows you to share photos with friends directly from your mobile browser. That’s right, you no longer need the Instagram app on your smartphone just to share some pictures. That’s good news, but we have even better news. What if we told you that you can upload photos directly from your computer without the need for any smartphone? We’re sure you’re excited already and we’ll help you with exactly that. The web app is currently only available for mobile browsers, but there is a workaround to run it on your computer. Well, without further ado, let’s take a look hyou can do Upload photos directly from PC to Instagram:
Upload to Instagram Using Google Chrome
The method we’re going to try here, tricks your browser into opening Instagram’s new mobile web app interface in a matter of seconds. To do this in Google Chrome, the world’s most popular web browser, simply follow these steps:
- After opening Chrome, click on it. three-dot menu button in the top right corner of your browser and then “New incognito window” to open. While this step is not required, it is highly recommended to use an incognito window to ensure full security of your Instagram account.
- Now, click three-dot menu button one more time and go More tools -> Developer tools.
- When you’re done, go to Instagram Web site and simply Login to your Instagram account. Well, there are no surprises here, as you will only be viewing the basic desktop site with no loading features. Now, click tablet-cum-phone icon Next to “Elements” and finally you will be able to experience the full fledged mobile web application and upload all your favorite pictures from your computer without the need for a smartphone.
Upload to Instagram Using Safari
Mac users, we haven’t forgotten you. You can also enjoy these benefits by following the steps below:
- Run your Safari browser and navigate to: Safari -> Preferences. A new window will open on the screen.
- go to: “Developed” Click on the tab and now if you check at the bottom of the window you will see an option. “Show Develop menu in menu bar”. Please make sure to check this option.
- Similar to Incognito mode in Chrome, a Private Window in Safari before moving on to the next step. You can do this simply by going to: File -> New Private Window.
- Now, go to Instagram Web site and login to your Instagram account. When you’re done, go Development -> User Agent and click on “Safari – iOS 10 – iPhone”.
- That’s it, you will finally see the option to upload photos from your Mac to your Instagram account.
SEE ALSO: 12 Cool Instagram Tricks You Should Know
Upload Photos to Instagram Without Smartphone
We are sure you all like this workaround. Photographers in particular might love it, as it’s cumbersome to transfer photos from your computer to your smartphone to upload them to Instagram. This workaround will definitely save some of your precious time. So, are you ready to try this trick yourself or are you waiting for Instagram’s web app to become available for desktop computers? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a few words in the comments section below.