Gone are the days when switching from Android to iPhone and vice versa was a hassle. Now you can easily change the ecosystem; and that by importing all important data like contacts without breaking a sweat. So, whether you’ve decided to fully embrace iOS or just want to sync all your contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad to stay in touch with your friends, the process goes pretty smoothly. But if you’re not sure how to get started, let me guide you.
Sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad
Wondering what the requirements are? Well, iOS provides a native way to sync Gmail contacts. Therefore, you do not need to install any third-party tools to do this.
Also, iOS allows you to set Gmail as your default contacts. If you trust Gmail more than iCloud, you should take advantage of this helpful feature. With that said, it’s time to move forward with quick steps!
Sync Contacts from Gmail to iOS Device
- Hungry Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now scroll down and Mail.
3. Next, tap on it. accounts.
4. Next, tap on add account.
5. Tap on Google and choose To continue option in the popup window.
6. After that, email id/phone number and shoot Next. Later, enter your password and tap on Next.
7. After successfully logging in, make sure to turn on the key. Persons and shoot Save to finish.
That is all! Now all your Gmail contacts will be synced to your iOS device. Note that the time it takes to sync all your contacts depends on the file size. Therefore, you may have to wait a while for your address book to sync perfectly.
Set Gmail as Default Account on iPhone and iPad
As mentioned above, you can also set Gmail contacts as the default account on your iPhone or iPad. The process is equally simple.
- Start Settings app on your iOS device.
2. Now, tap on Persons.
3. Next, tap on it. Default Account.
4th place, gmail choice.
This much! From now on, Gmail will run as the default account on your iOS device. Of course, if you change your mind, go back to the same setting and finally choose iCloud.
- You don’t want to use Gmail Account whenever you want, you can easily delete it. Go to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Gmail. Now, tap on Delete Account and confirm.
Perfectly Sync Your Gmail Contacts With Your iOS Device
So, you can sync all your Gmail contacts with your iDevice. Make the most of this feature to quickly access your Gmail contacts, as iOS also gives you the flexibility to set Gmail as your default account on your device. While no one can deny the seamless experience iCloud offers, Gmail is far more efficient and versatile.
Recently we covered equally useful topics like the ability to set Google Chrome/Firefox as the default browser and Outlook as the default mail on iOS. If you don’t want to be tied to Apple’s offerings anymore, you’re welcome to have the freedom to use your favorite browser and email by default.
In the meantime, do you have any feedback/questions? If yes, feel free to submit.