After much speculation, Apple finally rolled out many new features for its devices at its WWDC 2018 keynote, and many of the features are part of the iOS 12 update. The iOS 12 update brings many new changes, including ARKit 2, tools to promote digital health, more Animoji (and Memoji if you want an animated version of yourself), Siri Shortcuts, Group FaceTime, and much more. But apart from all this, another great feature that the Cupertino giant has revealed with iOS 12 is the ability to add multiple faces to the Face ID feature on the iPhone X. Yes, that’s right, you can now add an extra face. to your Face ID. If you want to know how, read on as we show you how to set up multiple faces for Face ID in iOS 12:
Set Multiple Faces for Face ID in iOS 12
note: I tried the following method on my iPhone X running iOS 12.0 Beta and the method worked just fine.
1. First go to: Settings -> Face ID & Passcode -> Set Face ID.
2. Now, follow the on-screen instructions. set up your first Face ID.
3. After adding your first face to Face ID, you will be returned to the settings page. Now let’s add the second face. Tap on it “Set Up an Alternate View”.
4. Now, just follow the on-screen instructions. Add a second Face to your device.
5. And that’s it. Your second face has been added to the Face ID of your iPhone X.
note: It is worth noting that you cannot remove only one of the faces after setting up Face ID. Instead, the entire Face ID section will need to be reset, meaning both faces will be removed.
SEE ALSO: How to Install iOS 12 Beta on Your iPhone or iPad
Use Multiple Faces for Face ID
Well, that was more or less how to add a second face to the Face ID of your iPhone X. While Apple makes it clear in its description that the “alternative view” is to better enhance the continuous learning process of Face ID, it also supports adding another face. Whether this is a bug remains to be seen. In the meantime, why not try it on your iPhone X and share your experiences with us in the comments below.