One of the easiest ways to get your smartphone back after you lose it is to have your personal information in a place where a good Samaritan can find it.
The old trick of entering a prominent contact won’t work if you lock your phone, but on Galaxy Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich you can put your contact information on the home screen so anyone who finds your phone can follow you. .
This easy tip will make it easy for someone to return your lost phone. Check out our 10 Tips and Tricks for your Galaxy Nexus for more tricks.
Setting Owner Information on Galaxy Nexus
Setting up owner information is simple and does not require any special applications.
1. Pull down your notification window and tap the Settings icon next to the date.
2. Scroll down and tap on Security.
3. Tap on Owner Information.
4. Check the “Show owner info on lock screen” checkbox.
5. Type your name and contact information. Make sure you use an email address or an alternate phone number so the person can easily contact you.
Once this is done your information will appear on the lock screen when you press the power button even if the phone is locked.
If you want to add additional protection, I suggest you install Prey on your phone. free PreyProject app It allows you to find a lost or stolen phone without any cost. The service offers accurate location tracking and supports up to 3 devices for free.
Check out Galaxy Nexus Setup and Security for more