If you’re an avid gamer, you’ve probably used Steam to buy some of your favorite games. After all, it’s considered the world’s leading platform when it comes to digital video game distribution, thanks to the huge popularity it has achieved in the 13 years since its launch. Everyone knows that there are tons of games to choose from and buy, but did you know that you can make money on Steam on your own? That’s right, making money on Steam thanks to the Steam Community Market by selling some of your valuable in-game items is a reality. The money you earn on Steam will go to your Steam wallet, which can be used to purchase games digitally from the Steam store. Sounds interesting, right? Well, without further ado, let’s see How to sell in-game items on the Steam Community Market:
Prerequisite – Enable Steam Guard
Steam does not allow you to immediately sell your in-game items this way. The platform introduced some restrictions before actually using the Steam Community Market to buy or sell items. To prevent someone from illegally taking your password and misusing your Steam wallet funds, Steam forces users to enable Steam Guard (via Email or mobile authenticator) for at least 15 days before you can actually take advantage of the Steam Community Market. . If you haven’t enabled Steam Guard yet on your account, simply follow these steps to do so now:
- hungry Steam desktop client Sign in with your computer and account. Once done, go Steam -> Settings located in the upper left corner of the window.
- Now, under the Account section, click on it. “Manage Steam Guard Account Security”.
- You have two options here. You can choose to receive Steam Guard codes via email or use the currently available Steam mobile app. iOS and Android devices. This app has a Steam Guard mobile authenticator where you can get all the codes. choose your preferred option for Turn on Steam Guard.
Selling In-Game Items on the Steam Community Market
After you have activated Steam Guard on your account and waited for 15 days, you will be able to use the Steam Community Market to sell your in-game items. Simply follow the steps below to easily sell your items in minutes:
- Once you are on the Steam homepage, click on it. Community -> Market From the main menu to go to the Steam Community Market.
- Click to start selling your items “Sell an item” located in the right pane of the window.
- You will now be taken to your inventory, which will individually display a list of all the in-game items you have for each game. Depending on the item you want to sell, select the specific game and navigate to that specific item. Select the item and click “To sell” option at the bottom.
- Once complete, the next menu opens, where you can: set the price of the item Regardless of the amount you enter that you plan to sell, Steam will charge you a fee for the transaction and therefore the amount you receive will always be less than what a buyer paid for the item. Click to list your product for sale “Okay, it’s on sale”.
- Steam will now ask you to confirm the sale price. Simply click “OK” to approve.
- Now, before the item is listed for sale, Steam will ask you to confirm the transaction via Email or the Steam Mobile app. To confirm in the mobile app, go to the App’s menu and “Confirmations”. Now, the app will show the product you are about to sell. simply tick the box next to and click on “Confirm Selected”.
- Well, that’s pretty much all you have to do by the seller. You will be able to see your active list when you go to the Steam Community Market until the product is sold.
- When someone purchases the item you listed on the Steam Community Market, the amount will be immediately transferred to your Steam wallet and you can check the buyer by going to Market History episode.
SEE ALSO: How to Trade Items with Friends on Steam
Earn Money Selling In-Game Items on the Steam Community Market
The Steam Community Market is a great platform to buy or sell in-game items, which are often quite hard to get in-game, using real money available in the Steam wallet. Some in-game items listed on the Steam Community Market cost up to thousands of dollars, and we’re not even kidding. However, it all depends on the rarity of the item and the popularity of the game. So, what do you think of the Steam Community Market? Planning to sell your rare in-game items and make some serious money? Let us know by shooting your valuable feedback in the comments section below.