Control-F (Windows) or Command-F (macOS) is a basic keyboard shortcut we all use to quickly find specific words or phrases on a web page or document. But have you ever wondered if you can use the Control-F search shortcut on iPhone and iPad? The answer is yes. There are multiple ways to search for Control-F (or Ctrl+F) on your iPhone. If you want to solve this productivity-centric hack, let me show you how it works.
How to Use Control-F on iPhone and iPad (2021)
First of all, there is no keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F/ Cmd+F on iPhone. So how do you search for specific words/phrases in a document or web page? It’s pretty simple. To search for text, you need to take advantage of the integrated search tools.
Some apps come with a dedicated search bar that lets you find certain words instantly, while others prefer a Control-F-like function that makes it easier to find certain texts. On top of that, there’s Spotlight Search on your iPhone or iPad that lets you perform quick system-wide searches. Finding certain words (or Control-F) on your iPhone shouldn’t be an easy task, as long as you know how to use these options.
How to Search for Specific Words on a Safari Webpage on iPhone
1. Open Safari on your iPhone and go to web page where you want to search for a word or phrase.
2. Now, write the word Then scroll down to find “On This Page” option that you want to find in the search bar and most To find [search keyword you entered] choice.
3. At the bottom of the screen, to see the number of times that particular word appears on the web page. You can now use the up and down arrows at the bottom of the screen to find each instance of the word. When you’re done searching for Control-F, Completed Press the button at the bottom of your iPhone’s screen.
How to Search for Specific Keywords on a Chrome Webpage on iPhone
1. Start Google Chrome On your iPhone or iPad, go to the web page where you want to search for a specific word.
2. Next, tap . ellipsis icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Scroll down and find on page option from the context menu.
4. Next, type the word or phrase in the search bar and press the up and down arrows to find each instance of the word. Faucet Completed Top right when you complete your search
How to Use Share Button for Control-F Search in Safari/Chrome
Another reliable way to find certain words in Safari or the Google Chrome browser is to use the familiar share button. Follow the steps below to find out that tapping the Share button gives you a familiar option.
1. Open Safari or Chrome On your iPhone and go to a web page where you performed Control-F.
2. Now, tap on the Share icon. After that scroll down and Select “Find in Page” option in Safari or “Find in Page” option in Chrome.
3. Next, enter search keyword and use up/down arrow To check every instance of the highlighted word on the web page. After you find the word or phrase you’re looking for, tap Done to finish.
How to Find Specific Words in the Notes App on iPhone and iPad
1. Start Notes app (now supports tags) and open the note you want to search for a word or phrase.
2. Now, tap . menu button (small circle with three dots) in the upper right corner and Find in Note choice.
3. Next, up/down arrow to find every instance of a particular word in the note. And as usual, tap . Completed when your call is over.
How to Search for Control-F in Files App on iPhone and iPad
Searching for a specific word in the Files app on iOS devices is pretty simple. It includes a dedicated search bar at the top. Like this, enter the text you want to search -> press the search button on the keyboard and you’re ready to go. The Files app shows all files with the search keyword in the name, including images, documents, or folders.
How to Use Control-F in the Apple Messages App on iPhone
Apple’s native Messages app also has a search bar that lets you track messages with a specific keyword across all your conversations. To find any word/phrase in iMessage app, tap the search bar (you can also swipe down from the top of the screen to access the search bar), enter the text you want to find and press search button on the keyboard.
How to Use Control-F in the Photos App on iPhone and iPad
With iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, Apple integrated the Photos app with Spotlight. As a result, you can now search for images using Spotlight on your iPhone or iPad by specifying scenes, people, places, pets, plants.
By doing so, swipe down from the middle of the screen (on home screen) to bring up Spotlight. At that time, enter text or the type of image you’re looking for in the search bar at the top. Spotlight search will now display relevant results based on your query.
How to Control-F in Google Docs App on iPhone and iPad?
1. Launch the Google Docs app on your device and open document You want to perform a text search in
2. Tap the icon. search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper right corner of the screen. Later, enter word you want to call. Google Docs will now highlight each instance of the word and also show the total number of times the word has appeared in the document. You can use the back/forward arrow buttons to quickly navigate through the document to find a related occurrence.
How to Control-F in PowerPoint on iPhone and iPad?
1. Start Microsoft PowerPoint application Open a presentation on your device. Tap the search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper right corner.
2. Now, type a word or phrase find what you are looking for in the search bar at the top and press the Search button on the keyboard. For advanced search options, tap the gear icon on the left of the search box and select the preferred option as below. Match Case or Full Words.
Perform Control-F Search on iPhone to Find Text
Please! Here are the various ways you can use Control/Command-F search on your iPhone. With the inclusion of a dedicated search bar and useful search tools, apps on your iPhone make it easy to find every instance of a word or phrase on a web page or in a document. Also, Spotlight search has gotten a lot smarter to let you watch pretty much anything on your iOS or iPadOS 15 devices. However, are you still having trouble using Control-F on iPhone? If your answer is yes, let us know in the comments below and we will assist you.