A few days ago, XDA’s Max Weinbach Posted a screenshot on Twitter This showed that Facebook had independently updated its app on the OnePlus 8 Pro. I’m taking a lead, I’ve started Thread on Reddit To find out if OnePlus has indeed added the notorious Facebook firmware to its flagship OnePlus 8 series. And the revelations were surprising. Several users have confirmed that not only OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8, but even OnePlus Nord comes preloaded with Facebook bloatware.
Not to mention, shady Facebook packages are installed on OxygenOS of all regions. So, if you want to get rid of Facebook bloatware from your premium OnePlus device, you’ve come to the right place. Here I will show you how to remove Facebook bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and Nord without root permission.
Remove Facebook Bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and Nord
1. First, install ADB on your computer by following our guide. Don’t worry, it’s a simple process and doesn’t require root permissions.
2. After doing this, connect your OnePlus device to the computer and to run
adb devices command to check connection. If it returns a serial number, you’re good to go.
3. Next, enter
adb shell and press enter. you will now enter shell mode your device.
4. Now, run the following command Uninstall Facebook Application Manager From the OnePlus 8 series or Nord. If it says “Successful”, you’re done.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
5. After that, enter the next command and press enter. Uninstall Facebook Services.
pm uninstall -k --user com.facebook.services
6. Finally, run the command: Uninstall Facebook System. You have now successfully removed all Facebook software software from your OnePlus device.
pm uninstall -k --user com.facebook.system
Remove Facebook Bloatware from OnePlus Flagships
So you can remove Facebook bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and OnePlus Nord. Note that removing these background services will not prevent you from installing Facebook from the Play Store or any other source. Just that, the (shaded) background activities that Facebook is running in the background will be stopped.
Anyway, that’s it for us. If you found the article helpful, comment below and let us know. If you have another device, you can find a general guide to remove bloatware from Android devices. You can also check the battery health of your OnePlus device in our linked guide.