Creating a playlist in Spotify and setting up a custom playlist view can be quite a time-consuming process. I’ve spent countless hours over the years curating my music across different genres, artists, and mood playlists. However, have you deleted any of your favorite playlists accidentally or out of frustration? And wish you could bring back those playlists? We have good news for you. If Spotify is your preferred music streaming service, this article will teach you how to recover deleted playlists.
Recover Deleted Playlists on Spotify (2021)
Before we begin, it is worth noting that. you can only recover playlists you deleted in the last 90 days. Therefore, you cannot restore a deleted playlist after 3 months. Apart from that, here is how to recover playlists on Spotify.
Recover Deleted Spotify Playlists on Desktop (Windows and Mac)
1. Open Spotify’s desktop app and Click on your username in the upper right corner. When the pop-up menu appears, Click on “Account”. You will now be taken to your Account Settings page in a browser. Alternatively, you can also access Spotify’s playlist recovery page directly at: this link.
2. Log into your Spotify account using your credentials if you used the direct connection. After logging in, Go to “Recover playlists” from the left sidebar.
3. Next, you will see a list of playlists you have deleted in the last 90 days. Spotify shows the title of the playlist, the total number of songs and the date of deletion so that you can easily find the playlist you want to restore. Find the Spotify playlist you want to recover and click the “Restore” button. next to him.
4. That’s it. You will now see the restored playlist at the bottom of the playlists section in Spotify’s desktop app or web player. It goes without saying that you can click and drag a restored playlist to go to the top for quick access.
Recover Deleted Spotify Playlists Using Mobile App (Android and iOS)
Unfortunately, Spotify does not offer a way to recover deleted playlists in its mobile app. Instead, you will need to log into your Spotify account in a web browser to do this. The steps are similar to what you get on desktop and here is how you can recover Spotify playlists on Android or iOS.
1. Visit Spotify’s playlist recovery page at: this link and login to your account. After logging in, you will see that all your playlists have been deleted in the last 3 months. Here, select the playlist you want to restore and tap the “Restore” button..
2. Then you can open Spotify app to access your restored playlist. Switch to the “Playlist” tab under the Library to make it easier to find the playlist. You can also sort playlists by “Recently added” to bring the restored playlist to the top. And if you want it to stay at the top, long press the playlist and tap “Pin playlist”.
Restore Deleted Spotify Playlists in Easy Steps
This is how you can easily recover a deleted playlist on Spotify. Some users may be disappointed with the 90-day period, but 3 months is enough time to restore a playlist if you change your mind. For more such tips, check out our article on the best Spotify tips and tricks. Also, if you don’t like Spotify and want to switch, check out the best Spotify alternatives via the linked article.