According to the latest report, the video sharing platform owned by ByteDance – TikTok – appears to be in a record-breaking frenzy with over 2 billion downloads. With a huge community of passionate creators of all ages, the platform is never short of exciting videos that can impress anyone. However, despite being so popular, TikTok has long been a favorite child of controversy, with a series of sensational accusations. Whether it’s obscene content, data sales, or the Chinese government’s nefarious espionage tool, the video-sharing platform has a long list of accusations. Needless to say, the app has been banned several times in many countries and the call for a permanent ban seems like it will never end. If these reasons or your own personal reasons compelled you to remove TikTok, follow them to permanently delete your TikTok account from your iPhone or Android device.
How to Permanently Delete TikTok Account without Losing Data
But before closing the TikTok account, let’s take a look at a few important points that need attention right away!
What Are the Consequences of Deleting a TikTok Account?
No social networking app wants to let you go, and TikTok is no different. Therefore, if you have decided to say goodbye to your TikTok account, you should also consider the aftermath. After deleting your account, you can no longer log into TikTok with that account. Moreover, all the videos you upload will be lost forever. Video sharing platform will not offer you a refund for any product you purchase. Another important thing to keep in mind is that information not stored in your account (ie chats) can be seen by others.
Request a Temporary Break – Deactivate Your TikTok Account
If you think the compensation for deleting the TikTok account is too great, or if you want to take a temporary break for any personal reason, you can choose to deactivate your TikTok account. Once you hit the delete button, the social networking app first deactivates your account for 30 days. During deactivation, your account remains private from everyone. If you want to reactivate your account at any time within 30 days, simply sign in to your account to start over.
Download Your TikTok Data
Well, if you have decided to turn the page on TikTok, the first thing you should do is download your TikTok data. This is the right way to approach deleting any account. Whether you want to delete Facebook or TikTok, you must first get your data back. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy Request a download file from TikTok. The only point of annoyance (if any) is that you can’t choose what to keep and what to keep out of the download file, which consists of various data.
- Your profile: It consists of your username, profile photo, profile description, and contact information such as your phone and email address.
- Your activity: It includes videos, comment history, chat history, purchase history, likes and favourites.
- Your Application Settings: It consists of privacy settings, notification settings and language settings.
1. Open TikTok Tap on your device and . profile tab in the bottom right corner your screen.
2. Tap now. horizontal/vertical ellipse in the upper right corner.
3. Next, tap on it. Privacy and security.
4. Next, tap on Personalization and data.
5. Next, tap . Download your data.
6. On the next screen you should see: a list of all the data your request will generate. Now, tap on Request data file.
Now the “Download Data” tab will be automatically selected with the pending request appearing on the screen. The app will alert you when your TikTok data is ready. Then return to this place to download the file.
Remember, TikTok remove the download file four days after it was created. So make sure you download it as soon as possible.
How to Permanently Delete Your TikTok Account
1. On your iOS or Android device, Launch TikTok and tap the profile tab in the lower right corner.
2. Tap now. three horizontal/vertical dots in the upper right corner.
3. Next, tap on it. Manage my account.
4. Next, tap . Delete the account below.
5. Depending on how you set up your account, you will need to verify your account to continue.
6. Now a confirmation page will appear showing the details about deleting the TikTok account. Again, be sure to read all the implications. After reading the text, tap on it. Delete the account button.
7. Finally, tap on . To delete To confirm that you want to permanently close your TikTok account.
As stated above, Your TikTok account will now be disabled for 30 days. During this period, all your videos uploaded to the account and video sharing platform will be invisible. After that it will be automatically deleted. If you change your mind within 30 days and decide to cancel the account deletion, all you have to do is sign in to your account.
Use Digital Balance and Screen Time to Stop Overusing TikTok
One of the main reasons many want to get rid of TikTok is its addictive nature. Thanks to loads of captivating videos, people can never get enough of the app. If you often find yourself overusing the video sharing app and want to find a way to block usage, I recommend trying Digital Balance on your Android device and Screen Time on your iOS device to automatically lock yourself out of the app. after a certain time.
On your Android device: Open the Settings app -> Digital Balance -> Control Panel -> TikTok and then set the custom time limit.
On iOS device: Go to Settings app -> Screen Time -> See All Activity -> TikTok > Add Limit and then set the time.
Close Your TikTok Account With Ease
Thus, you can delete your TikTok account without losing your data, including all the videos you have uploaded to the video sharing platform. I guess you deleted your account without having to deal with any issues as the process is pretty simple. Since we are talking about TikTok, I would like to draw your attention to some related posts such as the best TikTok lights, the quick way to change a username, and also how to set parental controls to prevent explicit content.