Snapchat expanded its public profile feature in late 2020 to attract budding creators. This feature gives users the chance to increase the number of followers on the platform and reach a wider audience. If you’re a creator who plans to start posting regularly on Snapchat, here’s how to switch to a public profile in three easy steps. Outside of the process, we’ve explained exactly what public accounts on Snapchats are and listed the criteria for getting one. So, without further ado, let’s get straight to the point.
Create and Manage a Public Profile on Snapchat (2022)
What is a Public Profile on Snapchat?
As the name suggests, a public profile on Snapchat helps expand the reach of your account. With a public profile, you can add a photo, bio, description, location, Stories and Lenses to your profile. Moreover, other Snapchat users can subscribe to your profile. Yes, you’ll see a separate subscriber count on your profile, apart from the friends you’ve added on Snapchat.
Additionally, a public profile gives users access to: “a unique set of profile features” to showcase your creativity and find lots of new fans for your content company support page.
Public profiles were limited to preselected verified creators, but the company has since rolled out the feature to everyone. Snapchat is still a “Creator AccountThe ” type is for established creators and has several eligibility criteria, including the fact that you must have at least 100 subscribers, a weekly account, and a friend.
Requirements to Get Snapchat Public Profile
Here are a few basic requirements you need to meet before you start creating your public profile on Snapchat:
- The most basic and important prerequisite for creating a public profile is that you must be 18 years of age or older to activate this feature.
- Must be a Snapchat user for more than 24 hours
- You must have at least 1 two-way friend, which means you and your friend send and accept each other friend request. Have at least one friend on Snapchat to create a public profile.
- You must also abide by the company’s Community Guidelines, which is obvious.
How to Create a Snapchat Public Profile
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap the Bitmoji icon in the upper left corner of the screen. When your profile is opened, Tap on the horizontal ellipsis menu next to “Add to Spotlight” It’s under the “Spotlight & Snap Map” section.
2. From the pop-up window that appears, Select “Create Public Profile” and tap “Continue” on the recruiting screen.
3. Now, tap on “Get started” and Press “Create” from the confirmation header. The header highlights that your name will be displayed on all your Snaps you post to Spotlight or Snap Map. Your lenses will also appear on your public profile.
4. You are now ready. You can access your public profile from the “Public Profiles” section. When you open the “My Public Profile” section, you will be shown the Stories and Highlights tabs as seen in the screenshot below.
How to Delete Snapchat Public Profile
If you are no longer interested in keeping your public profile on Snapchat, you can choose to delete it. To do this, follow these steps:
1. First, open your profile by pressing the Bitmoji icon in the upper left corner of the screen. Next, go to “My Public Profile”. Here you need to tap on the Settings gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. From your profile settings page, Tap “Delete Public Profile” Press the “Delete” button at the bottom of the screen and at the confirmation prompt. And that’s it. You will successfully delete your public account on this short-lived messaging platform.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Why can’t I create a public profile on Snapchat?
Before you create a public profile on Snapchat, there are a few basic requirements that you must meet. You can’t make Snapchat a public profile if you’re under 18, have had Snapchat for less than 24 hours, have less than 1 two-way friend (following each other), or don’t adhere to these rules. Community Guides.
Q. Is Snapchat subscriber count visible to everyone?
While you can see your subscriber count from the moment you create a public profile, Will only appear to the public once you reach 100,000 subscribers on Snapchat. The subscriber count will automatically appear on your public profile, but you will have the option to turn your visibility on or off.
Q. Can someone see if I’ve viewed your public profile on Snapchat?
Answer is no. When you open someone’s Snapchat profile to check their username, subscriber count, lenses or old Stories, the user won’t be notified. You can do Easily navigate their profiles and content at your own pace without having to worry about being called.
Switch to Public Profile on Snapchat
Converting your Snapchat account to a public profile has its own advantages and helps increase your discoverability and engagement. If you’re someone who has a hard time figuring out how to make your Snapchat account public, we hope this article helped you in the process. If you’re new to Snapchat, be sure to check out our guides on changing your Snapchat username and deleting your Snapchat account.