Don’t want anyone tampering with your Netflix profile? Also, don’t you want others to know about your obsession with Friends or see them ruining your recommendations? The video streaming giant has recently added a cool feature that will allow you to keep nosy friends or family members off your profile. Netflix now lets you set a PIN lock on your profile, and I’m here to guide you through the process of setting it up. Let’s go.
How to Set Up PIN Lock on Netflix Profile
The easiest way to set up a PIN lock on your profile is on the official Netflix website. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Netflix website and Select ‘Account’ You will see it when you hover over your profile icon in the top right from the drop-down menu.
2. Go to the ‘Profile & Parental Controls’ section on the ‘Account’ page and tap the little arrow next to the profile for which you want to set a PIN.
3. Below the profile you will see a new ‘Profile Lock’ option. Click on the ‘Change’ text next to him.
4. You will now be prompted for your Netflix login details and then you will see the option to set up a Profile Lock.
5. Here you will need to set a 4 digit secure PIN after selecting the password. ‘Require a PIN to access Anmol’s profile’ choice. You can also select the option to request the PIN code to create new profiles, similar to 2FA for profiling. Hit save and voila, you’re done.
5. Next time you open Netflix in a browser or official mobile app. You will be look for a ‘lock’ icon at the bottom of the profile. Here you will need to enter the PIN code by clicking on your profile picture and then you can start watching your favorite TV shows.
This is a new basic parental control feature recently added to Netflix. You can currently view your child’s profile with viewing restrictions, but they can still consume R-rated content through other profiles in the account. But now you can easily set a PIN lock on all other profiles to limit your child to, for example, PG-13 movies and TV shows. Isn’t that a great feature? So go ahead and try it right now on your Netflix profile.