Pixel users have been clamoring for the notification gesture since the OG Pixel, but it took three years for Google to implement this helpful feature. With the release of Pixel 4 on October 10, Google is bringing an updated launcher for the notification panel that also supports the swipe down gesture. However, we have already received the new Pixel Launcher 10, thanks to it. 9to5Google. It can be installed without tampering on older Pixel devices and works pretty well. So without further delay, let’s go ahead and learn the steps in detail.
Install Pixel 4 Launcher
As of now, you can only install Pixel 4 launcher on Pixel devices running Android 10. Also, in our tests the launcher worked without any major issues, so you can definitely give it a try. That said, here are the steps to follow.
1. Download Pixel Launcher 10 from: APKMirror and install it on your Pixel device.
2. The app may block installation because it was downloaded from a third-party source. To continue the installation, Tap on “Settings” and then enable the toggle.
3. After that go back and tap “Install”. Overrides existing Pixel launcher without deleting your launcher configs.
4. Now go home and finally, you can scroll down from anywhere To bring down the notification panel.
5. If you want Uninstall Pixel 4 launcher then open Settings and search for “Pixel launcher”. Open the first result and then tap the 3-dot menu in the top right corner. After that, tap on “Uninstall Updates”. Now, the launcher will reset to the old build.
SEE ALSO: How to Install Pixel 4 Voice Recorder App on Any Android Device
Finally, Love Notification Gesture
That was our quick look at the new Pixel 4 launcher and how you can install it on your Pixel device. The launcher is a pre-release build, so if you don’t want any unexpected bugs, you can wait for the official release, which is likely to happen at the Pixel 4 launch event on October 10th. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you want to know more about upcoming Pixel 4 features, stay tuned.