Dark mode has become a must-have option for many users. Both Apple and Google have made efforts to make Dark Mode easily accessible on Android and iOS. Developers are encouraged to integrate it into their applications. And while many of them are lined up, there are still apps that don’t have a dark mode.
If you are using iOS, you should have no problem enabling dark mode on Snapchat. On the other hand Android users still don’t have this option. Is it the editor’s reluctance or is he having difficulties implementing the option with the little green robot in the operating system? We don’t know the reasons for this delay but there is a solution in the release to force dark mode. android from Snapchat.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS?
Nothing could be simpler to enable Snapchat’s dark mode on iOS. The option is available in the application settings. Start by opening it on your iPhone.
- Tap your avatar in the top left
- Now press the icon Adjustment which is shaped like a gear
- choose App view in the list that appears. You have three options: same as system, always light and always dark. Choose the first option if you’re using Dark Mode across iOS, or the last option (always dark) if the default iOS theme is on.
By choosing the first option, Snapchat will automatically adapt to the system’s default mode. If you are using iOS dark mode, the app will always switch to dark mode.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode on Android?
As explained in the introduction, Snapchat, unlike Facebook, Facebook Messenger or Instagram, does not have a native dark mode on Android. If you insist, there is only one solution to get there: force dark mode in android apps. This option allows you to enable Dark Mode for all apps on your smartphone, even without the feature.
sweetcorn you need to enable system-wide dark mode first to enter Settings > Display > Enable dark theme. The downside to this solution is that this “artificial” dark mode isn’t very refined. However, it’s a good compromise for those who don’t want to use the light theme. More, the cheat doesn’t seem to work on all smartphones.
To force dark mode on Snapchat, try enabling the feature from Android Developer Options. note this option only available on Android 10. So you need this version or a newer update.
- To learn about this menu and how to enable it, you can read our special file on Android developer options.
- Just to go fast Settings > System > About device.
- tap 7 times build number. Developer options are enabled and can be accessed from: Settings (Scroll down). If they’re not there, go Settings >Additional settings Where Settings > System. It all depends on your coating.
- Once in developer options, go to option Force dark mode.
Now all your apps, even those that don’t have a native dark mode, should go into Dark Mode. If this option suits you, this is the only way to have dark mode on Snapchat if you are using an Android smartphone.